Crick Boat Show - discounts on equipment/items?

Featured Posts

Morning all.   What's the situation with Crick Boat Show as an opportunity to get discounted products?   We're thinking of going as much as an opportunity to get inspiration for fit out etc but was also wondering whether the trade stands offer much in the way of discounts on items.

For things such as chargers, inverters, controllers etc - is that sort of stuff worth looking at there or can you usually just get better deals through retailers online etc?   I've not been before but wondering whether it's worth taking a shopping list and seeing if there are any good deals to be had - of if that's not the way they work. 

1 minute ago, TandC said:

Morning all.   What's the situation with Crick Boat Show as an opportunity to get discounted products?   We're thinking of going as much as an opportunity to get inspiration for fit out etc but was also wondering whether the trade stands offer much in the way of discounts on items.

For things such as chargers, inverters, controllers etc - is that sort of stuff worth looking at there or can you usually just get better deals through retailers online etc?   I've not been before but wondering whether it's worth taking a shopping list and seeing if there are any good deals to be had - of if that's not the way they work. 

For such things as you mention (non NB specific) you'll get far far better discounts at "The Boat Show" (particularly on the last day display items typically 50%+ reduction to save them havig to pack them up and take them home).

Yo can also normally buy in advance and get something like "20% boat show discounts".

Southampton International Boat Show, a British Marine event (southamptonboatshow.com)

Worth coming to get fit-out ideas, from show boats.

Get in as early as possible, go straight to the show boats, and book viewing times for later in the day.

Bod

There are usually show deals to be had. Order at the show and get xx% discount that sort of thing. Midland swindlers usually have deals on. If you looking for expensive branded inverters chargers etc there are definitely deals to be had. Although it's unlikely they will have stock on hand more an order for delivery or put a deposit down to secure the deal  that said I usually manage to fill the car with batteries and other goodies 

Last time I went (about 20 years ago) there was a stand selling leisure batteries at almost unfeasibly low prices. I needed four but to buy them and lug them back to the van parked in the field 400 yards away would have taken up too much time and I wanted to look around the rest of the show. So I didn't! (Buy them that is.)

2 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I bought a stove at crick a few years ago and he drove his van full of stock from the stand to my car in the car park for free, even helped me load it into the car.  Worth asking if you want to buy something heavy or bulky.

Yes that could possibly have happened in my case too, but it was time I was concerned about. Too late in the day and the show was closing soon and too much still to look at!