non-working Webasto heater and BSS

Featured Posts

Hi, 

My webasto heater has stopped working and im currently going to be needing a BSS soon if I dont manage to get it fixed in time, will it fail the BSS if it doesnt turn on but everything is still wired / plumbed up ?

Thanks in advance 

Rich

7 hours ago, richey b said:

Hi, 

My webasto heater has stopped working and im currently going to be needing a BSS soon if I dont manage to get it fixed in time, will it fail the BSS if it doesnt turn on but everything is still wired / plumbed up ?

Thanks in advance 

Rich

Does the examiner turn on the Webby / Eber ?

Mine never has - they have (occasionally) only turned on and checked the gas hob / cooker

8 hours ago, richey b said:

Hi, 

Thanks in advance 

Rich

As long as the fuel side and the electrics still comply, the examiner SHOULD not be concerned if it works or not, but this is a BSS examiner we are talking about and some are a law unto themselves so no advice here can be totally relied upon. Even if it is what the BSS regulations say.

The BSS checks the safety aspects of the installation ie, fuel lines secured, correct material, and no leaks. Exhaust fitted correctly through to hull fitting and no obvious leaks. Electrics correctly fused, connected securely at batteries, and wiring loom protected and supported if necessary.

BSS would not normally test the unit.

Edited by matty40s

18 hours ago, richey b said:

Hi, 

Thanks in advance 

Rich

Has it been fitted correctly? Is the exhaust intact?

If so whether it functions or not is not really a BSS issue. But if there is an obvious fault with how its been installed or if there is an issue with the exhaust that could be an issue when it is fixed and running you may find your examiner may object.