I think I know the answer: one radiator hot, one warm

LadyG

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

As title.

Now that summer is here I'm leaving s f stove for a bit and using Webasto 

I wonder how much it costs per hour?

Ty

If you take the fuel consumption (in litres per hour) and multiply it by the cost per litre it should give you a fairly accurate cost per hour.

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

As title.

Now that summer is here I'm leaving s f stove for a bit and using Webasto 

I wonder how much it costs per hour?

Ty

Depends how much of the time the heater is on full or reduced output, but very roughly I would say a less than 1/2 litre per hour.  So maybe 50~70p per hour at diesel price of £1.40/litre

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

4 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Which model of Webasto? I am not sure if any of the Webasto units have the ability to wind down output unlike the newer Eberspacher 

I don't really know the model, just thinking it won't use too much in the next few weeks if I stick to about four hours per day .

19 minutes ago, Awayonmyboat said:

My old Webasto Thermotop C averaged about 0.7 litres an hour over a winter. So at current diesel pricing is say around £1 is a reasonable figure.

Smokeless and logs etc work out at £7 per day if 24/7.  So diesel will work out more expensive for more than a few hours per day

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Smokeless and logs etc work out at £7 per day if 24/7.  So diesel will work out more expensive for more than a few hours per day

If you were to have the Webby on 24/7 (and it did use about £1 per hour) you'd be looking at a cost of £168 / week.

The benefit of the Webby is, as we get into warmer weather and you are just looking to 'take the chill off' early morning and in an evening, & have hot water for a shower etc you don't need to be running a SF stove all day. It is convenience more than cost.

1 hour ago, Awayonmyboat said:

My old Webasto Thermotop C averaged about 0.7 litres an hour over a winter. So at current diesel pricing is say around £1 is a reasonable figure.

We have a reflex stove with boiler coil. Does the CH (only 2 rads, bathroom bedroom) hot water and occasionally cooking on hot plate. When up to temperature only ran it on the lowest setting this winter. According to the spec would use about 0.2 to 0.6 ltr/hr. 

Screenshot_20230426_094828_com.android.chrome_edit_6458665043285.jpg