Contact CRT in am emergency

Featured Posts

Problems, theyve always had problems, people who dont know where lock flights are, people who dont know what a lock is, people who dont realise a river is part of CRTs patch, people who dont know that a tunnel has two ends etc etc 

Has someone not paid the bill?

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Problems, theyve always had problems, people who dont know where lock flights are, people who dont know what a lock is, people who dont realise a river is part of CRTs patch, people who dont know that a tunnel has two ends etc etc 

Virgin Media have been having problems all day. Nothing to do with bill payments.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/apr/04/thousands-of-virgin-media-customers-in-uk-hit-by-outages

25 minutes ago, matty40s said:

There is a problem, yes, having to spell every location, explain where that is near, is frustrating when you are jammed in a lock under a  needle strewn bridge with night approaching. 

One would think the number of the lock and the name of the canal would be sufficient. But you are asked what Region, well i cannot be absolutely certain, it's not something on my radar if I am to-ing and fro-ing. 

I believe that assistance is available, though I'm not convinced that the call handlers are trained in handling emergency calls.

If they don't understand the first time, use my standard technique for dealing with people and repeat, while trying to remain calm and professional :) They will put the phone down if you shout at them ;)

CRT did respond, they knew exactly what the problem was, and got me through the lock.

Edited by LadyG

23 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Who handles CRT out of hours calls now? It use to be an ambulance service I understand a few years back, definitely not a waterways based organisation.

:offtopic:Dunno, but when I used the Scottish Canals out of hours number following a failure of Leanington lift bridge in Edinburgh, I found myself speaking to the Police control room in Inverness. (They were unaware that the Edinburgh &Glasgow Union Canal existed, and I resorted to trying every Scottish Canals number on my phone; the last and furthest away one (lock keeper at Bowling!) was successful.)