Red bull services closed

Leemc

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Leemc said:

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but the services are closed( water points open) this has nicely coincided with our whale gulper breaking. Boatlife 🤣

Is the pump out still there and waste.

14 minutes ago, Leemc said:

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but the services are closed( water points open) this has nicely coincided with our whale gulper breaking. Boatlife 🤣

Not permanent I hope.

Ate you sorted for new pump?

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

Where is this Red Bull services?

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

Where is this Red Bull services?

Kidsgrove 

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Not permanent I hope.

Ate you sorted for new pump?

Kidsgrove 

Not investigated fully gulper yet. It’s making a whirry sound but not pumping out. Suppose these things have a shelf life before breaking. Is it usually a straight swap?

5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Is it in Australia?

Not quite. On Trent and Mersey near end off Macclesfield ( in Kidsgrove) normally really good services. How long they’ve been closed for- don’t know

20 minutes ago, Leemc said:

Not investigated fully gulper yet. It’s making a whirry sound but not pumping out. Suppose these things have a shelf life before breaking. Is it usually a straight swap?

If you can get same model I’d expect it to be a straight swop. 
A different model or updated version might come with different connections to water pipes.  

If you can get a photo of it on here someone will advise your options better than I can. 

43 minutes ago, Leemc said:

Take it apart, the 3 spinny round thingumajigs can get blocked with hair.

An easier fix can be to switch it on,and pump a suction cup on the shower/sink drain. 

Edited by matty40s

Trying running it now?

Give it a ‘blip’ of energy and see what happens 🤷‍♀️
Hook to a battery as it is. 

If it works then maybe there’s a blockage in pipes. 

Dunno, could the ‘exit’ pipe got blocked? Give it a squirt with hose maybe to blow out the crud. 

Edited by Goliath

I know little about these technical things. 

So which way did you arrive?

via the Macc or from up the Cheshire Locks?

‘cause if you’re heading down to Middlewich, in my experience Kings Lock are very good and ain’t no rob dogs if you need bits and bobs. 

Longport Wharf is a stop away on train if you’re desperate. They might order stuff for you. 

2 hours ago, Leemc said:

Any ideas anyone? Nothing appeared to be blocking bottom black sections

Err... shouldn't they contain a pair of non-return valves? 

If missing no wonder it doesn't work! 

Are the valves (rectangular rubber flaps?) in ok condition, free to move and close, and correctly closed?  I have the bigger manual version (Gusher.....Whale have some great names) and it failed when a snail got stuck in a valve.

16 minutes ago, dmr said:

Are the valves (rectangular rubber flaps?) in ok condition, free to move and close, and correctly closed?  I have the bigger manual version (Gusher.....Whale have some great names) and it failed when a snail got stuck in a valve.

Pic. 

Screenshot_20230401_202941_com.android.chrome_edit_193088382960119.jpg

21 minutes ago, dmr said:

Yes they appear to be, kind of click open and close. Trying to put it all back in the cupboard I need a 30% version of me with more dexterity 🤣

44 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

Pic. 

Screenshot_20230401_202941_com.android.chrome_edit_193088382960119.jpg

Not 100% sure but I think thats an additional/secondary "tricupsid" valve in addition to the main flap valves, dunno exactly what it does but I bet somebody will tell us in a minute.

27 minutes ago, dmr said:

Not 100% sure but I think thats an additional/secondary "tricupsid" valve in addition to the main flap valves, dunno exactly what it does but I bet somebody will tell us in a minute.

That could be the heart of the problem💔😁

• Haha 2