Perfect cc mooring., maybe not

LadyG

Featured Posts

I'm one min from supermarket, thirty seconds from waterpoint and from elsan. Only a few random passers by...... Been here a week.

Now had a band practicing about ten metres away from me for the last two hours. It was awful, but fortunately it's stopped. Silence is golden.

Edited by LadyG

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Oh, I dunno.  A fortnight in Brighouse Market Tavern is about as much as my liver can manage!

This would be continuously boozing not continuously cruising. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

I'm one min from supermarket, thirty seconds from waterpoint and from elsan. Only a few random passers by...... Been here a week.

Now had a band practicing about ten metres away from me for the last two hours. It was awful, but fortunately it's stopped. Silence is golden.

You could always move if the neighbours are not to your taste!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

You could always move if the neighbours are not to your taste!

Awaiting the arrival of rescue Cat Fernando, he's had a bit of a tummy upset, so had to stay in cattery for a few days.

Fresh chicken from Sainsbury's purchased this a.m.

Chicken served two ways: raw minced, fresh poached, served with a side of Sensitive kibble overlaid with a leaf of wild dandelion ---(⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠)--

The Roughouse and Blastit band is actually one of the finest bands in the country.!

Brighouse is a good mooring spot.Plenty of pubs,Sainsburys close by.

Suggest not mooring on the towpath outside Sainsburys as I once had some pilloc banging on my roof at 3am.

53 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

The Roughouse and Blastit band is actually one of the finest bands in the country.!

Brighouse is a good mooring spot.Plenty of pubs,Sainsburys close by.

Suggest not mooring on the towpath outside Sainsburys as I once had some pilloc banging on my roof at 3am.

Yes, much pleasanter down in the lower basin if there's room.  And Brighouse has the best selection of small shops of any town I've moored in, as well as the cheapest department store (Boyes).

41 minutes ago, Goliath said:

and also if some dick leaves a paddle open you can be left dangling in the basin. 
So worth leaving some slack when tying up. 

otherwise it is a lovely spot next to a good town. 

Just a bit full in 2020 

Screenshot_20230401_172251_com.google.android.apps.photos_edit_186313167832507.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

Just a bit full in 2020 

Screenshot_20230401_172251_com.google.android.apps.photos_edit_186313167832507.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_172908_com.google.android.apps.photos_edit_186635707561104.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_172931_com.google.android.apps.photos_edit_186617259345482.jpg

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, LadyG said:

Awaiting the arrival of rescue Cat Fernando, he's had a bit of a tummy upset, so had to stay in cattery for a few days.

Fresh chicken from Sainsbury's purchased this a.m.

Chicken served two ways: raw minced, fresh poached, served with a side of Sensitive kibble overlaid with a leaf of wild dandelion ---(⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠)--

Fernando:

IMG_20230401_213253.thumb.jpg.eb74c34ea0db908b5a77cb2da1dcc6da.jpg

Edited by LadyG
No birds were harmed in this photograph
  • Greenie 2
  • Horror 1

On 31/03/2023 at 22:21, LadyG said:

I expect that you could hear the distant drums and sounds of bugle calls  coming from afar. 

Edited by rusty69
  • Happy 1