We're recruiting! - Moderator Vacancy (Voluntary)

RichM

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Well yes, except for keeping on those mods who never visit the site let alone do any modding. Why the inertia?

Indeed. 

The 'dormant' mods have allegedly been contacted but seemingly they remain?

Wierd.

Edited by M_JG

I, for one, welcome our new Morlock overlord.

I'd never be tempted to do it again, although the userbase i looked after was teens to mid thirties mostly, and the internet was still young.

Arguments that got nasty occasionally lead to someone turning up at peoples houses to sort it out "like men" :( Thankfully these days it's a lot harder to track folk down.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

I, for one, welcome our new Morlock overlord.

I'd never be tempted to do it again, although the userbase i looked after was teens to mid thirties mostly, and the internet was still young.

Arguments that got nasty occasionally lead to someone turning up at peoples houses to sort it out "like men" :( Thankfully these days it's a lot harder to track folk down.

Seconded, and also to Ade. They seem like two of the sanest people in this place.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Out of interest why do @Jen-in-Wellies and @1st ade 's status show as Member and Patron respectively rather than 'Moderator'?

Mmmm - good question. I would say "User Groups" but I must be a Mod as I have access to the Mod toolbar (and I'm sane...) so there must be a more technical explanation.

2 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

Mmmm - good question. I would say "User Groups" but I must be a Mod as I have access to the Mod toolbar (and I'm sane...) so there must be a more technical explanation.

You've also gained the 'sheild' on your avatar which the other mods. have.

2 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

@RichM said they wouldn't get the mod badge until an official announcement was done.

Hasnt that moment sort of passed?

Or is it a bit like a Coronation which happens several months after somebody becomes the monarch?