Help needed carpentry and electrics

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thats easy excuse to say when you've been caught out.

Good night !

if you look  back my friend you will see i said before. i also told you my location. i havent been caught out i think you have with your shoddy maths and explanations. good night god bless amen 

and alan please make sure your bath tub is watertight 😂

1 minute ago, chrisk_87 said:

if you look  back my friend you will see i said before. i also told you my location. i havent been caught out i think you have with your shoddy maths and explanations. good night god bless amen 

im a man of god wish no evil upon any man but bad will come to those who have been bad. here is a chapter for you. 

psalm 51.10 

Dear God

There are things i wish

I hadnt thought, or said , or done. 

There are things i could have done 

to make a difference- but i didnt. 

I am sorry. 

Thankyou that its never too late 

to be forgiven,

to forgive myself,

to forgive others 

-and begin again. 

Amen 

31 minutes ago, MtB said:

Point of Order M'Lud...

240v is already classed as "low voltage". Might I suggest you mis-typed and meant ELV, extra low voltage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra-low_voltage

A fair comment, but in my defense I was trying to keep it simple 😁

Even then it's rather like 'pulling teeth'.

3 minutes ago, Quattrodave said:

A fair comment, but in my defense I was trying to keep it simple 😁

Even then it's rather like 'pulling teeth'.

My apologies I do understand, but the pedant in me took over for a minute! 

(Again...)

P.S. I note the OP claims he is good for boat re-fitting as he has renovated four houses. A mere puppy of an upstart at houses I'd suggest, let alone refitting 30 year old unfinished and abandoned sail-away boat fit-outs.

Clueless hardly covers it but being he is full of it, I say crack on mate.

1 hour ago, chrisk_87 said:

and just agin wrong math 30 x £150 is £4500 

thanks for the input i will upload a before inter and after pic of exterior just so you know whats its like now 

and by no means a starry eyed newbie lol 

before

41F2248A-9372-42D8-B755-019DBF20C426.png

midway

2AD01F49-AC40-4B7E-B0C0-5A8790CDB473.png

not finished yet needs top coats 

97FA9FC4-C62D-42B9-825F-B9357675B19C.png

nearly there 

9A650B2E-C1A4-4FC2-B379-3629F9080438.png

I recognise the boat. 
I moored in front of you over night while you were there in October. You looked busy. 

Bloody acorns falling off the trees kept me awake all night! They sounded like stones. 

Good luck with your project, hope it works out. 

i will crack on mate and it will be finished in 3 months and me and family will enjoy it this summer see you
on the canals brother. god bless. and crack on i will it is’s doubters like you that make me press on and finish what i started  

Just now, Goliath said:

I recognise the boat. 
I moored in front of you over night while you were there in October. You looked busy. 

Bloody acorns falling off the trees kept me awake all night! They sounded like stones. 

where were you buddy 

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

I recognise the boat. 

which boat buddy  was you on 

Just now, chrisk_87 said:

i will crack on mate and it will be finished in 3 months and me and family will enjoy it this summer see you
on the canals brother. god bless. and crack on i will it is’s doubters like you that make me press on and finish what i started  

where were you buddy 

I arrived too late for diesel/coal. 

Turners were shut so I pulled up opposite and stayed over night. 

We did swop a wave/thumbs up. 

3 minutes ago, chrisk_87 said:

and crack on i will it is’s doubters like you that make me press on and finish what i started  

Curiously, I made my fortune renovating houses and nowadays I just buy any boat I fancy. Mebbe you should do the same. 

May your God go with you, as some comedian once said. 

Just now, MtB said:

Curiously, I made my fortune renovating houses and nowadays I just buy any boat I fancy. Mebbe you should do the same. 

May your God go with you, as some comedian once said. 

god is no comedian buddy god and jesus are alive but not here. i also made abig profit onhouses my daughter is very anxious and  the canal andboats relax her hence the boat purchase. 

ade and riot died in a boat fire in pendeford around 4 weeks ago hence why i have no get up n go lol it hurt 

4 minutes ago, chrisk_87 said:

god is no comedian buddy god and jesus are alive but not here. i also made abig profit onhouses my daughter is very anxious and  the canal andboats relax her hence the boat purchase. 

ade and riot died in a boat fire in pendeford around 4 weeks ago hence why i have no get up n go lol it hurt 

Im sorry about, I didn’t realise that was the man who died in a fire on his boat.

Ive passed the spot since and seen flowers left for him. 
Very sad. 

it is ade was a good man and riot a good dog for him i left flowers there for him and some mungral stole them. but ill make sure he has a good send off 

and this forum is full of doubters and negativity im leaving here brother god bless we may cross paths again hopefully and speak next time 

Just a thought, if you’re down by bridge 14, then you’re by Brewood. 
Drop in at the Bridge Inn and go in bar side. It can get fairly busy with local boaters from the linear moorings. They look like a good crowd. I’m sure they’ll be able to help in some way. Whether they have the skills you’re after or whether they can give you contacts, I dunno but worth a try. 

for any engine troubles it’s Richard Milligan (Blackhands) that’s out that way. Genuine bloke who won’t rip you off. 

5 hours ago, chrisk_87 said:

im a man of god wish no evil upon any man but bad will come to those who have been bad. here is a chapter for you. 

psalm 51.10 

Dear God

There are things i wish

I hadnt thought, or said , or done. 

There are things i could have done 

to make a difference- but i didnt. 

I am sorry. 

Thankyou that its never too late 

to be forgiven,

to forgive myself,

to forgive others 

-and begin again. 

Amen 

Explains an awful lot about this poster.  Best of luck, I tried to help but if I had to work next to you it would be purgatory.  Amen pal.

17 hours ago, chrisk_87 said:

what with everyone saying cut you losses i brought it as a project i will ffinish it. isnt thats what this forum is about advice and help like people on the canal not to judge jeez bunch of no doubters and cant does. if you seen it when i brought it to now you would be amazed 

A project boat will only work if you can do a majority of the work yourself, if you have to employ people then that boat will cost thousands to finish off. There is more work need there than fitting a brand new boat out in a yard. If you doubt the price look at the difference to buying a hull or sailaway and a fully fitted boat

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

A project boat will only work if you can do a majority of the work yourself, if you have to employ people then that boat will cost thousands to finish off. There is more work need there than fitting a brand new boat out in a yard. If you doubt the price look at the difference to buying a hull or sailaway and a fully fitted boat

He/She/It is unlikely to take any notice Brian.  Got God on their side!

I have never felt any help from a deity when boat fitting.

I am confident that if chrisk 87  were to start a build blog showing the progress of his project , then he would receive help and advice from the forum, accepting that the advice might be varied.

19 minutes ago, Peanut said:

I am confident that if chrisk 87  were to start a build blog showing the progress of his project , then he would receive help and advice from the forum, accepting that the advice might be varied.

God help us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Peanut said:

He would need to be far more exact as to what he wants to know than he was in his original post.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

me neither although manys the time I have asked for it when that rusted "thing" has refused to budge or the correct spanner/tool/gadget is at home and not on the boat...  

9 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I have, but sadly it was Loki the Trickster ...

The last screw removed from the porthole being the impossibly stuck one.

The perfect alignment of the new flue collar position with the roof supports.

The one final plumbing fitting required to complete the job going mysteriously missing at 4pm on a Sunday.

Mind you it wasn't only him. 

When I skinned my knuckles on the gearbox nuts they were very Thor! 😁

Still, Valhalla sounds an interesting place - it's full of hairy boaters who like beer.

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink