No 240v but all else ok!

Featured Posts

A few weeks ago I lost power on the boat - a Collingwood wide beam built 2014 - and eventually traced the problem to a burnt out contact breaker behind the control panel. I have replaced the contact breaker and can find no other problems.  I have checked all the fuses I can find, all fine. However, I have no 240v at all at any 240v socket, with 1 exception.  I have 1 socket wired direct to shore power and that is working.  Everything else on the boat is apparently normal.

I am stuck, hopefully someone will have a bright idea.

Thanks in Advance.

Tim

19 minutes ago, Tim LLoyd said:

A few weeks ago I lost power on the boat - a Collingwood wide beam built 2014 - and eventually traced the problem to a burnt out contact breaker behind the control panel. I have replaced the contact breaker and can find no other problems.  I have checked all the fuses I can find, all fine. However, I have no 240v at all at any 240v socket, with 1 exception.  I have 1 socket wired direct to shore power and that is working.  Everything else on the boat is apparently normal.

Thanks in Advance.

Tim

As you have 1x dedicated 'shoreline' socket - maybe the rest are only powered via the inverter

Is the Inverter switched on ?

Are the inverter 'status lights' working ?

Is the inverter supply working (fuse OK) ?

Does the inverter have 12v DC input ?

Does the inverter have 230 AC output ?

Have you checked the 230v feed itno the distribution (fuse) box ?

27 minutes ago, Tim LLoyd said:

A few weeks ago I lost power on the boat - a Collingwood wide beam built 2014 - and eventually traced the problem to a burnt out contact breaker behind the control panel.

Am I the only one to find this ambiguous?

Do you mean you lost engine power to the propeller? Or you lost the 230Vac you go on to mention further on in your post?

Edited by MtB

•  
33 minutes ago, Tim LLoyd said:

Thanks in Advance.

Tim

Expand  

As you have 1x dedicated 'shoreline' socket - maybe the rest are only powered via the inverter.  Correct, at least I believe so.

Is the Inverter switched on ?                                 Yes

Are the inverter 'status lights' working ?                Yes, all normal.

Is the inverter supply working (fuse OK) ?             Supply to the inverter is fine

Does the inverter have 12v DC input ?                   Yes

Does the inverter have 230 AC output ?                 How do I check this?

Have you checked the 230v feed itno the distribution (fuse) box ?  Trying to work out where to do so.sterling.thumb.jpg.be628018ac6a16be801755857886097a.jpg

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

Am I the only one to find this ambiguous?

Do you mean you lost engine power to the propeller? Or you lost the 230Vac you go on to mention further on in your post?

Aplogies, I lost electrical power, having reset main rcb to Sterling I got everything back except the 240v as described.

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

This is just the battery charger lights.

The inverter power is not lit.

sterling.thumb.jpg.be628018ac6a16be801755857886097a.jpg

I do not know that model but presumably there is somewhere a switch to engage the inverter.

I cannot imagine that the inverter is live 24/7

eg on my Victron combi there was different switch positions for battery charger, battery charger and inverter and inverter.

Screenshot (2018).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield

49 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Might there be a mains distribution box with a tripped RCD/MCB/RCBO that is dedicated to those non-working sockets.

I asked that and his response is trying to find it.

1 hour ago, Tim LLoyd said:

Does the inverter have 230 AC output ?                 How do I check this?

Do you have a multimeter ?