The humble stick.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Its been quite a while, Bizz, since your wheeze cells have been in action.

But well worth the wait at last.

This stick invention will likely require further development for the aerospace industry to appreciate its full potential.

If you form a research and development company, may I put my name down for about 2 x million shares, please?

I'm convinced that within a very short time, Airbus will tell us exactly where we can stick the stick - then the sky's the limit!

6 minutes ago, Rebotco said:

Its been quite a while, Bizz, since your wheeze cells have been in action.

But well worth the wait at last.

This stick invention will likely require further development for the aerospace industry to appreciate its full potential.

If you form a research and development company, may I put my name down for about 2 x million shares, please?

I'm convinced that within a very short time, Airbus will tell us exactly where we can stick the stick - then the sky's the limit!

I can't see Airbus refusing such an oppertunity to share and adopt my simple invention without any silly modifications. The hardest part would be drilling holes in the plane for the the lowering string and hinge screws, connecting up to the controls a piece of cake. I used to build and fligh control line model planes and the stick trick worked very well. A chap here has an electric powered radio controlled plane, ready built of course with whom I've begged to install the system on it but he doesn't seem too keen.  Sticks of wood are available everywhere. Wickes, Homebase, cut from tree's, nicked from fences. it doesn't need any further development which might impair it's simplicity and performance. Of course a few shares can be yours if you pull your weight in the enterprize.

Do you think the type of wood is important or would anything work? Perhaps a use could be found for the  mountain of recycled plastic bottles and the " stick" could be made from them. I would like to be a shareholder in this wonderful project too. 

7 minutes ago, haggis said:

Do you think the type of wood is important or would anything work? Perhaps a use could be found for the  mountain of recycled plastic bottles and the " stick" could be made from them. I would like to be a shareholder in this wonderful project too. 

Good idea, but would need a lot of research whereas sticks have been known and used for thousands of years for their dependability. I intended to stick with wooden sticks really. Wooden knotless lengths of sticks like Ash and Pine thoroughly painted and are quite bendy before snapping. Boat applications need snappy sicks like Birch.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

Now imagine the plane commin in to land blind in dense fog. The stick is lowered fully by the string and as the sticks caster wheel hits the runway

Forgive if if this sounds a bit negative or quibbly, but in dense fog the pilot would be dead lucky to happen to descend bang in line with some runaway or other, Shirley? Far more likely the stick would be bouncing off the roof of  a Tesco or the chimbleys of row of terraced houses when attempting to land in fog so dense the stick would be needed. 

Or even the sea! 

14 minutes ago, MtB said:

Forgive if if this sounds a bit negative or quibbly, but in dense fog the pilot would be dead lucky to happen to descend bang in line with some runaway or other, Shirley? Far more likely the stick would be bouncing off the roof of  a Tesco or the chimbleys of row of terraced houses when attempting to land in fog so dense the stick would be needed. 

Or even the sea! 

The final landing approach guide is by a radar beam. It's the acual touch down where the stick does it's bit.

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Ermm.... do we know how fast an aeroplane can run?

The average touch down speed of a jet airliner is about 145mph hence the use of the supermarket trolley wheel with good bearings. Too fast for a Greyhound to grab it.

2 minutes ago, bizzard said:

The average touch down speed of a jet airliner is about 145mph hence the use of the supermarket trolley wheel with good bearings. Too fast for a Greyhound to grab it.

Bloody hell, that's faster than my Subaru Impreza Turbo could do on the M3 at 4am....

Almost.

4 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Any of these sticks any good?

When walking the dog I've come across several sticks I've made into walking sticks. 😁

IMGP3049.JPG

Very nice Ray, bu I'm afraid they need to be straight and longer, though could be lent to wobbly passenges disembarking the plane after a difficult landing. Incidentally the string that lowers and raises the tough down stick could be operated by a passenger when told to by the Captain shouting the command by megaphone or a DIY road cone through the cabin area.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Thank you. I'm a stickler for perfection.

I think its time for another outing of my fave joke....

What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

~ Credit for that one to Alexi Sayle at Bracknell Arts Centre, in about 1986 ~