The weird and sometimes wonderful

MrFish

Featured Posts

Can't not admire the craftsmanship that has gone into that. Does the owner have their own forest, because there is some serious timber in that boat?

The cratch is odd but in-keeping with the rest of the boat's quirkiness.

It would be a shame to see all that woodgrain overpainted in London white and grey

• Horror 1

I wonder if the person making it went to a Steiner school. I did and there was quite a lot of this sort of woodworking going on. It was a bit of a theme of the Anthroposophical movement. 

Quick google image search brings this up as "anthroposophical" we had all sorts of stuff like this at Michael Hall and the general area. 

frame1.jpg?format=750w

The boat looks very similar in its general design. 

Anyone can do what they like and not be following a quack philosophy though !

There are/were at least a couple of other boats in this style, equally dramatic, maybe they are connected?  I suspect the K&A was the source of these and this boat certainly spent time on the K&A"Leviathan" was done in a similar style but also included a lot of red leather which I felt made it look like a floating brothel 😀

16 hours ago, MrFish said:

There are some spectacularly weird narrow boat interiors out there:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-cruiser-stern-for-sale/723717

Fab, a sort of floating Hobbit home :)

42 minutes ago, dmr said:

There are/were at least a couple of other boats in this style, equally dramatic, maybe they are connected?  I suspect the K&A was the source of these and this boat certainly spent time on the K&A"Leviathan" was done in a similar style but also included a lot of red leather which I felt made it look like a floating brothel 😀

How do you know what a brothel looks like :)

• Greenie 1

20 hours ago, magnetman said:

Christ on a bike what optimism abounds !

Nice bit of wood bothering but fifty grand ? What the Heck?

Could be one Fredk W Paine if it has a wooden cabin.

Where I used to live the local undertaker was called Frederick W Paine.

On 18/03/2023 at 17:47, MrFish said:

There are some spectacularly weird narrow boat interiors out there:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-cruiser-stern-for-sale/723717

I find that rather pleasing. 😊 Although the stove in the the centre of the cabin might drive me crazy.