Bradford on Avon boater 'will set fire to boat armed with garden fork'

booke23

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, MtB said:

A "twit" is the name for a pregnant goldfish, IIRC.

Hope that helps....

Oh, immensely. That was one of those schoolboy myths and, from memory, the vowel was different.

1 hour ago, Floatyboat said:

Fair enough. And, as a boater, it's my poor choice to live on a public footpath. But it's the hoi polloi's poor choice to deliberately walk past my home.

Think of the poor suffering hoi polloi who have to put up with you parking your tub right by their right of way. I do hope you haven't got a dog.

It would be interesting to see how much nuisance a random passer by would have to cause in order that the boat person acquired a restraining order against them.

It takes all sorts but I think messing with the locals could lead to significant negative outcomes. 

Arrr the boats still floating ? 

Of course it is entirely possible the locals think of the geyser as some sort of amicable "character" rather than someone who has threatened to harm waterways management staff. 

10 minutes ago, magnetman said:

It would be interesting to see how much nuisance a random passer by would have to cause in order that the boat person acquired a restraining order against them.

It takes all sorts but I think messing with the locals could lead to significant negative outcomes. 

Arrr the boats still floating ? 

Of course it is entirely possible the locals think of the geyser as some sort of amicable "character" rather than someone who has threatened to harm waterways management staff. 

Let me assure you that most of the "locals" do not think of him as an amicable character, rather a nuisance who has caused the local Emergency Services a lot of trouble over the years.

• Greenie 3

I must admit this is rather what I assumed given the stated information but one must not be led by assumption. Knowledge is a better guide for these sorts of things.

It is an interesting situation and potentially a model for others to follow if it turns out to be an acceptable behaviour.

Edited by magnetman

57 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Think of the poor suffering hoi polloi who have to put up with you parking your tub right by their right of way. I do hope you haven't got a dog.

Why? What do you know about my tub? Why shouldn't I own a dog?

Yes, but I don't think it's fair to call me a sock puppet. Have you ever tried typing with socks on your hands?!

Arthur Marshall, I know as much about the hoi polloi as I can glean from the friendly conversations I have with them as they pass by. If they are lucky, they get to hear me enthusing about the canals, and if they are really lucky I'll explain how locks work. Why shouldn't I have a dog??

I want a robot dog. 

Also have for a long time had a dream of having a pet ball. around 250mm it would roll around with me all the time and do exactly what I say. 

Internal geared motors unless we can invent biological life forms for this. 

51 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

It's that pouch in Speedo trunks that allows one to "enhance" one's masculine appearance by the use of strategically placed hosiery ...

Ah I see, thanks. 

You seem to know a lot about sock pockets... 

:D 

Tesco at Canary wharf had a trolley load of cucumbers 32p each right by the auto checkouts yesterday lunchtime. I did wonder if there were some stock market jitters. 

One occasionally passes through there on rail journeys between the city boat and the country estate boat. 

I did buy a cucumber and it was alright. 

24 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Tesco at Canary wharf had a trolley load of cucumbers 32p each right by the auto checkouts yesterday lunchtime. I did wonder if there were some stock market jitters. 

One occasionally passes through there on rail journeys between the city boat and the country estate boat. 

I did buy a cucumber and it was alright. 

Tesco in Andover yesterday had absolutely tonnes of tomatoes of all types on sale. 

I'm guessing Andover residents are not the type who eat vegetables.

(Or are tomatoes a fruit?)