Beefburgers

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

Its everything in moderation.

Obsessing about diet to the extent you end up never eating anything that tastes nice or you live like a rabbit is depressing.

Of course if you eat a full English/Welsh/Irish/Scottish breakfast every single morning (and some do) it will catch up with you.

But as an occasional treat it will do you little harm. I think my last one was over a week ago.

Let's keep a sense of perspective.

11 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Its everything in moderation.

Obsessing about diet to the extent you end up never eating anything that tastes nice or you live like a rabbit is depressing.

Of course if you eat a full English/Welsh/Irish/Scottish breakfast every single morning (and some do) it will catch up with you.

But as an occasional treat it will do you little harm. I think my last one was over a week ago.

Let's keep a sense of perspective.

Oy!! leave my breakfast alone :) To be fair, I dont have one every day though. I never, ever, ever eat bloody muesli though :o

3 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Similar I suppose to the beer.

Some beer each day keeps the doctor away but overdo and they will come to you. 

Well any alcohol, but yes.

There was some study a few years back that showed red wine was good for you.

But it didnt mean a barrel a day..

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Oy!! leave my breakfast alone :) To be fair, I dont have one every day though. I never, ever, ever eat bloody muesli though :o

Lol.

I eat museli or bran most mornings. With a glass of OJ and a slice of wholmeal toast (with Jam or marmalade) or sometimes on a weekend a croissant or Pain au Chocolate.

Remember, "go to work on an egg" because they are good for you, then oh, no, don't because they have too much cholesterol. Then I read there are good and bad types of cholesterol, so you can eat plenty of eggs again because eggs have good cholesterol.

I don't think that you will go far wrong with a varied diet containing a wide range of foods, especially vegetables and fruit. I take the latest pronouncements about diet and what is good and bad for you with a pinch of salt. It is likely to alter in a few years. Actually I very rarely add any extra salt to me food and find restaurant food is often over salted.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Laurie Booth said:

I use the Mcdonalds "food for thoughts" vouchers.

1 Big Mac

1 Medium fries

£1.99

:)

I've heard if when you buy your one-thousandth Big Mac, you get a voucher for a free heart bypass operation.

• Greenie 1

On 15/03/2023 at 19:55, nb Innisfree said:

Read up on it, some are still hanging on to the old knowledge, low fat plenty of carbs etc, yet carbs, or too many are implicated with type 2 diabetes, a modern epedemic. 

Been there. Totally agree but it’s what the nhs nutritionalists said 15 years ago. It’s taken them a long time to catch up with the fact that substituting fat with carbs on demand is not a good idea. 

2 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

Been there. Totally agree but it’s what the nhs nutritionalists said 15 years ago. It’s taken them a long time to catch up with the fact that substituting fat with carbs on demand is not a good idea. 

More unsupported opinion. 

1 hour ago, Laurie Booth said:

Heinz

Beat me to it, Laurie: I was about to suggest H.P.

Regarding the topic title, it's a deplorable word. There is no city of Beefburg. It was, I think, Birdseye who coined the word to pander to people who were so thick that they thought hamburgers were made of ham.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Beat me to it, Laurie: I was about to suggest H.P.

Regarding the topic title, it's a deplorable word. There is no city of Beefburg. It was, I think, Birdseye who coined the word to pander to people who were so thick that they thought hamburgers were made of ham.

The term hamburger originally derives from Hamburg, the second-largest city in Germany :)