BUCKBY Locks delay

matty40s

Featured Posts

Grand Union locks 7-13 were supposed to open this Friday after a new balance beam on lock 12 plus some other works above.

Nothing is happening, contractors are standing around (and the balance beam is on the ground)  being paid to do nothing as they wait for a piece of wood" to be fabricated.

This should arrive next Tuesday, with opening of the lock following the balance beam replacement on Friday 24th.

Just thought I'd drop this in as CRT havnt yet updated notices and hire boats along with about 20 other boats will be trying to get through this weekend.

• Greenie 1

Ive just come down Watford and asked all there what they had heard.

Nothing!! All quoted me was going to open on the 17th in the afternoon.

Luckily for me Im going right at the junction..

Alan did tell me Tuesday going up there it was rumoured there was going to be a delay. 

Edited by PaulJ

51 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Looks like someones walked off with the bolts. Those are Aldi special buys.

And all the missing blocks of wood too.

Passed you Sunday- hooted and got shouted at by one of those miserable fisherman opposite you- 'I did see you, you didnt need to use your horn'

Did look a bit sheepish when I shouted back I was hooting at a boat 😜

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

Passed you Sunday- hooted and got shouted at by one of those miserable fisherman opposite you- 'I did see you, you didnt need to use your horn'

Had that problem approaching the turn onto the South Oxford at from Braunston marina way. Matey fishing under the bridge was not happy and told us similar, even after i explained it was to alert any boat around the corner that we were turning and not him. Might have been more to do with the horn making him jump and drop the contents of the spliff he was rolling at the time though :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulJ said:

The miserable b'stards complained when Kathy let the dishwasher water go, so she popped for a shower and used the gulper too.

The missing blocks of wood must have been what they were waiting for when the delay was announced, the hire companies kicked off so someone must have instructed them to just get it open.

Edited by matty40s

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

The miserable b'stards complained when Kathy let the dishwasher water go, so she popped for a shower and used the gulper too.

They were misery guts alright. Next match at Weedon bypass bridge was alot more sociable, asked me if Id been through that match and laughed when I told them they were alot more cheerful.