More stupidity from C&RT

Midnight

Featured Posts

But this isn't CRT working on the towpath.  The works were scheduled for earlier in the year as we had a notification from the local council but they have been delayed.  I expect CRT are in the awkward position of either accept the delay and have the towpath works funded by someone else or don't take the money and don't do towpath works 

What a shame cycle permits never worked out. There could have been some revenue from these zombies. 

I hate towpath upgrades because it invites all sorts of terrible idiots onto towpaths but as I no longer interact with canal towpaths I suppose I don't need to worry about it.

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

But this isn't CRT working on the towpath.  The works were scheduled for earlier in the year as we had a notification from the local council but they have been delayed.  I expect CRT are in the awkward position of either accept the delay and have the towpath works funded by someone else or don't take the money and don't do towpath works 

A good decision would include considering the impact on the paying customer. Why can't they do the work earlier next year? These towpath upgrades are not for boaters. 

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

But it does specifically say visitor moorings. I don’t think the mooring at Tixall have much if any dedicated as visitor moorings, the rest is just towpath?

"The trust states: 'This will mean that any visitor moorings located between Milford Turnover Bridge to Haywood Bridge on the Staffordshire & Worcester Canal will also be closed during the works'."

Edited by Midnight

11 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It might not be CRT doing the work, but they have to give permission, and closing one of the most popular stretches of moorings on that ring during Summer is ludicrous. 

What about Wellbeing , life is better by water, what about all the hire boats that have already planned this into their itinerary....its not a short stretch.

Muppets

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

What a shame cycle permits never worked out. There could have been some revenue from these zombies. 

I hate towpath upgrades because it invites all sorts of terrible idiots onto towpaths but as I no longer interact with canal towpaths I suppose I don't need to worry about it.

After a few scares when mooring up I now handle the boat with a centerline from the centre of the towpath, cyclists  have to slow. Walking the towpath I am in the centre, blocking free passage and holding a windlass on the side which is most inconvenient for them.

This does not stop them cutting me up as I get off the boat.

I cannot understand why they think it is acceptable to whizz past without making sure I am aware of them.

A blue sign telling them to use a bell would help. I do not know why CRT don't put a few up.

I seem to remember reading that the towpath work will be done in stages and only the bit where work is being done will be closed for mooring . I think that has happened elsewhere where a long stretch is being resurfaced

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

I seem to remember reading that the towpath work will be done in stages and only the bit where work is being done will be closed for mooring . I think that has happened elsewhere where a long stretch is being resurfaced

I hope you are right, but the notice on the C&RT stoppages page doesn't say that although I accept the lightweights who write those notices probably wouldn't know a towpath or visitor mooring if one hit them in the face.

Edited by Midnight