Featured Posts

I would be less embarrassing if it hadn't happened last year. 

Also if the 2FA to access the domain account wasn't to email a code to an @canalworld.net email address, which goes down when the domain does. Just like last year. 

We have now changed the email address as well, like we said we would (and I thought I had) last year. 

1 hour ago, DHutch said:

Well, it's in now, Saturday 1st March 2031.

Well Im not being in anyway funny but I seriously would have done this previously if the owning and running of a forum depended upon it.

14 hours ago, 1st ade said:

Are not required - you work hard for this site.

Quite right. Ignore the moaning minnies, although you could take their ungrateful comments as their way of volunteering to help out so maybe you might be able to recruit one or two of them to ease your burden - they have nothing better to do! Many thanks for sorting it out , something I wouldn't have a clue about.

Howard

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, DHutch said:

Your spelling of neither is wrong.

Can you clarify please Dan, has the banning of posters been relaxed? 

Back in the day you said the person was banned not the user name, so banned posters were not free to re-register and carry on posting. Has this policy been changed or is it still in force? 

8 hours ago, MtB said:

Can you clarify please Dan, has the banning of posters been relaxed? 

Back in the day you said the person was banned not the user name, so banned posters were not free to re-register and carry on posting. Has this policy been changed or is it still in force? 

The answer may lie in the above thread Though last time I asked Dan about the ban of Tony Dunkley he didn't even have the courtesy to reply to me. Still you've been a member here a lot longer than me, maybe you will have better luck.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm sure MJG was banned as a poster yet the links to the MJG profile in the thread you linked to still work and the profile appears not to be banned. 

So why do we now have a poster with the same style of posting but a slightly different username, I wonder...

But if the policy of the person behind the profile being banned has been changed, I'm happy to accept that. It would just be nice to know for sure. 

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

The answer may lie in the above thread Though last time I asked Dan about the ban of Tony Dunkley he didn't even have the courtesy to reply to me. Still you've been a member here a lot longer than me, maybe you will have better luck.

A very interesting thread that.

Very interesting.

Edited by M_JG