Electric shower

JaneP

Featured Posts

I have a very important appointment today so washing has been considered but it was put aside as excess consumption of energy is very damaging to the planet. 

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Are not 'women of the opposite sex' males ?

I get confused with this latest allocation of 36 different genders.

Some people have an agender. 

• Horror 1

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I have a very important appointment today so washing has been considered but it was put aside as excess consumption of energy is very damaging to the planet. 

Some people have an agender. 

The only energy you need to wash in the river, is to get out again. 

Beware of sharing a shower with a beautiful woman. 

Just now, rusty69 said:

The only energy you need to wash in the river, is to get out again. 

I only like going in the River accidentally. Deliberate immersion seems wrong to me. 

8 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Beware of sharing a shower with a beautiful woman. 

I only like going in the River accidentally. Deliberate immersion seems wrong to me. 

I would have thought that once you've got as far as sharing a shower with a willing woman, whether she's beautiful or not is of little importance -- especially if you've taken your glasses off... 😉

12 minutes ago, IanD said:

I would have thought that once you've got as far as sharing a shower with a willing woman, whether she's beautiful or not is of little importance -- especially if you've taken your glasses off... 😉

On this we differ. 

Thank you so much everyone for your well considered replies ( tho maybe not washing less often 🤣)   It’s given us much to think about and been so helpful.  I’m sure we’ll get there with our gas water heater and probably a new pump.  We’ll look at pipes, elbow joints, taps, and isolators. Your comments have enabled us to move in the right direction.  

7 minutes ago, JaneP said:

Thank you so much everyone for your well considered replies ( tho maybe not washing less often 🤣)   It’s given us much to think about and been so helpful.  I’m sure we’ll get there with our gas water heater and probably a new pump.  We’ll look at pipes, elbow joints, taps, and isolators. Your comments have enabled us to move in the right direction.  

I'm not convinced about that.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the installation which is why I asked for the make and model of your water heater to start with. Is it a secret with which the forum is not to be trusted? 

Or a photo of it would do! 

3 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I think it is a Morco. I had one of these for some yars and one notable issue was that the product model number was nowhere to be found. 

I looked everywhere. 

Ours is on the outside front of the case, with another 'label' in the inside on the RH side giving model number, serial number, water and gas presures etc etc

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Ours is on the outside front of the case, with another 'label' in the inside on the RH side giving model number, serial number, water and gas presures etc etc

This is what I expected but there was nothing. Original enamel on it etc but no ID anywhere. Maybe it was a ripoff of a Morco. It worked really well for quite a number of yars. 

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

The average 16A marina shoreline connection would result in either a very cool shower or more of a dribble at a more reasonable temperature.

Indeed. Yer average 8kW electric shower with dismal performance draws approx 33A, so a 16A shower would be approx 4kW and the water flow in winter would be so slow as to be effectively unusable. 

The 3500w instant water heaters on ebay are noted for being "Easy to install under the bathroom or kitchen sink for washing dishes, food, clothes, faces and other functions."

Quite clever wording here. 

45 minutes ago, magnetman said:

The 3500w instant water heaters on ebay are noted for being "Easy to install under the bathroom or kitchen sink for washing dishes, food, clothes, faces and other functions."

Quite clever wording here. 

Those will be storage water heaters. They'll heat up say 10 litres of water which can be delivered at, say 10 litres a minute. And then after one minute or so... ???

It is less than a Pony so I'm like yeah yeah yeah. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125783487456

One imagines this thing is designed for people who do not expect a particularly high volume output at the fawcet. 

I'd say it is designed for people who are technically illiterate and actually expect to work like a shower. 

It probably is a shower but the translation does not necessarily reflect this. 

You've clearly never fitted a 3kW 'over-basin' water heater and marvelled at how feeble the performance is.

"Performance' is not really the right word.

I have actually done this. 

I admit that I thought that "a shower of shit" could refer to a consumer product but apparently it is reserved for personal comments. 

This is what I meant by a shower. 

9 hours ago, magnetman said:

It is less than a Pony so I'm like yeah yeah yeah. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125783487456

One imagines this thing is designed for people who do not expect a particularly high volume output at the fawcet. 

Very similar :

I put one of these in the Tack-room (of the stables) so as to have hot water available. Works really well and if you have alow enough flow rate the water gets exceedingly hot. with a reasonable flow rate it is comfortably hot.

Electric Heating Tap Kitchen Bathroom Fast Instant Hot Water Heater Faucet LED | eBay

For showering the horses we use a portable LPG shower (again temperature depends on flow rate - a comfortable warm shower is achieved with a quite reasonable flow rate)

• Greenie 1

On 03/03/2023 at 09:48, magnetman said:

I'm annoyed because I displaced one of the little knurled screws holding the cover panel on the paloma. It just vanished.

Not sure what thread it is. Looks about 3.5mm but wondering if it would be a metric or inch thread. 

I believe it’s thread is 3BA  I hope😊

• Greenie 1

On 03/03/2023 at 12:25, system 4-50 said:

Tip of the Day:  When relying on rain for showering, pirouette slowly on windy days.  This allows the rain to reach all sides of you and saves you having to shower on different days to wash different sides.  

If you wear roller skates while showering in the rain, pirouette slowly with your arms stretched out so the water reaches everywhere, then tuck your arms in to increase your rotation rate and spin off most of the water before reaching for your towel, making the towel quicker and easier to dry in the boat. Conservation of angular momentum and all that.

• Happy 1