Monitoring

clunk

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, clunk said:

I've not done anything with the data as of yet but am hoping after the1st year to be able to work out....amount of waste produced, miles travelled and other bits and bobs.

Will you be weighing the urine? 

I keep a spreadsheet of annual boat related expenditure, so licence, mooring, insurance, servicing consumables, repairs and associated consumables, fuel, plus docking and one off purchases, such as the sofa bed.

Edited by cuthound
Missing worm
  • Happy 1

16 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I keep a spreadsheet of annual boat related expenditure, so licence, mooring, insurance, servicing consumables, repairs and associated consumables, fuel, plus docking and one off purchases, such as the sofa bed.

We prefer to use the ostrich method ;) 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I knew a boat owner who kept a graph of his beer consumption day by day and could compare it with the previous years. Mind you he was a draughtsman. I kept a record of each days journey in hours, no of locks, mooring costs if any.  Also when gas brought and oil changes etc and fuel brought. Originally on a Microsoft works program but then on spreadsheets.

• Greenie 1

I have a lined, hardback book which records when I move, engine hours, location with postcode, engine servicing hours, fuelling, Litres of fuel in tank, (estimated). This is the log book. Comments only when required. 

At the back of the book there is a list with dates of any other items of interest, includes things like today's eye test at Specsavers, insurance policy (company, number, date), details of phone contracts, any other significant dates/policies.

I have a diary where I note upcoming events, today's events, boat movements, postcode, and  engine hours.

I also note on my phone my location and postcode, so whether on the boat or off, I know where the boat is!

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

17 hours ago, cuthound said:

I do the same, including a logging the number of hours my Webasto is running each week and what it cost based on whatever the current fuel prices are. I once worked out the price of each nugget of coal for the stove so I could monitor it’s daily cost, but soon gave up as not only was it a hassle, but it took my level of ‘sadness’  up to an unacceptable level even for me.  😀

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Grassman said:

I do the same, including a logging the number of hours my Webasto is running each week and what it cost based on whatever the current fuel prices are. I once worked out the price of each nugget of coal for the stove so I could monitor it’s daily cost, but soon gave up as not only was it a hassle, but it took my level of ‘sadness’  up to an unacceptable level even for me.  😀

You could put the spreadsheets on the fire  and that would bugger your figures up.🤪

• Haha 1