Electrical design Oxford/Warwick area

ChrisL

Featured Posts

I’m looking for some face to face guidance  on my potential electrical installation, this will include solar, shoreline, and LiFePo4, I’m looking for advise between DC-DC and hybrid and type of equipment. Is there anyone out there who would be prepared to offer advice

thanks Chris 

There is a very long thread on here about the various types of Lithium install, with and without solar, landline etc. Search for LiFePO4 BMS.   It contains a lot of hard-won experience from folk who have been there and collected the T-shirt.  I suggest you start with a power audit ( instructions on the tbtraining website)  then read the Lithium thread on here , read the Nordkyn Design and Marine How To website articles then come back with some slightly more specific questions.

Solar is magic, Lithiums are magic.  Getting them going properly is not a black art, but there is an awful lot of bad information out there.

If you want a paid for professional  Ed Shiers of  Four Counties Marine Services has  a good reputation.

N

P.S.  Apparently the BSS Office are looking at new requirements for Lithium battery installs.  On past performance they are likely to get completely the wrong end of the stick, so beware.

N

Edited by BEngo

22 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You could also try asking on the 12 volt boating group on Facebook. 

I’m already on both 👍

46 minutes ago, BEngo said:

There is a very long thread on here about the various types of Lithium install, with and without solar, landline etc. Search for LiFePO4 BMS.   It contains a lot of hard-won experience from folk who have been there and collected the T-shirt.  I suggest you start with a power audit ( instructions on the tbtraining website)  then read the Lithium thread on here , read the Nordkyn Design and Marine How To website articles then come back with some slightly more specific questions.

Solar is magic, Lithiums are magic.  Getting them going properly is not a black art, but there is an awful lot of bad information out there.

If you want a paid for professional  Ed Shiers of  Four Counties Marine Services has  a good reputation.

N

P.S.  Apparently the BSS Office are looking at new requirements for Lithium battery installs.  On past performance they are likely to get completely the wrong end of the stick, so beware.

N

I’ll start at the end as it’s such an old thread things have moved on with controls etc.

27 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Website www.tb-training.co.uk. tbtraining is something different.

Yes I’ve been looking on there