Don't Boil a Kettle on a Boat.

Jen-in-Wellies

Featured Posts

Boiling water overflows pan and extinguishes gas flame. Without a flame failure device the gas continues to pour out and lines the bilges, eventually igniting as a gas-air mixture.

When camping in a small tent once I saw my kerosene stove similarly extinguished. The thick kero vapour kept pouring out the burner jet, nearly gassing me.

Edited by Puffling

Ah the week of the kettle.

As of yesterday we were rich in kettles blessed with them. We had a 240 v one for when the van had mains power and a gas top one for freecamping.

Today suddenly we are kettless.

A pop a bang and Mrs S hurled the leccy one  in the camp site skip. 2 hrs later a plop and a clink and the spout fell off the other one. 
Its 300kms to the nearest big W so kettless we travel.

Fortunately back in uk on boat this month many kettles to kill.

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Its her turn to cook. We are in the middle of woop woop, a well known place in rural australia. Im concerned.

Nearest kettle I currently own is 13000 miles away near Braunstone.

Jeez, mate. When you are out the back of Burke you should be making proper billy tea:

(Absolutely no kettle required. But have a first aid kit to hand.)

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

Its a 1970 film.  Its a woman making the mistake.  Its a man contemptuously giving instructions.  And it would have all been avoided if she had put the lid on properly???

Never mind that, how about THIS for taking 1970s chauvinism to a whole new level?

image.png.9cc6aa677c6d8865cbb67c681080105d.png

Curious error in the text too. I think the right word would have been "consign", rather than "confine".

Probably an error by the bloke's secretary...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Never mind that, how about THIS for taking 1970s chauvinism to a whole new level?

image.png.9cc6aa677c6d8865cbb67c681080105d.png

Curious error in the text too. I think the right word would have been "consign", rather than "confine".

Probably an error by the bloke's secretary...

Or by whoever made up a fake Ford advert to stoke the fires of Internet prejudice... 😉