Diglis moorings

gatekrash

Featured Posts

Just run down to Diglis for a couple of days and went to stop on our favourite mooring just above the waterpoints before you get to the basin knowing there wouldn't be many boats there today, only to find that CRT have kindly painted "2 hour max stay" on the entire length.

I know it's only 3 extra mooring spaces and there are a few more above the bridge but in the summer that area is rammed, and every space is full. I fully understand the waterpoint being better marked but there is absolutely no reason why the other spare spaces there should be restricted.

Unless of course it's something to do with the posh flats next to them complaining, but then nobody would buy a house next to a canal and then complain about the boats, would they...

CRT have my complaint already...

Edited by gatekrash

I think that restriction occured some years ago. I remember mooring there overnight on a number of occasions with no issues, but the last time resulted in some woman on the balcony of one of those flats throwing her cigarette butts on our roof. "Serves you right - you shouldn't be mooring there" was her response.  Not good behaviour on her part, but I suspect something had precipitated it and the inconsiderate few had once again screwed it up for the rest of us with those residents. :(

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think that restriction occured some years ago. I remember mooring there overnight on a number of occasions with no issues, but the last time resulted in some woman on the balcony of one of those flats throwing her cigarette butts on our roof. "Serves you right - you shouldn't be mooring there" was her response.  Not good behaviour on her part, but I suspect something had precipitated it and the inconsiderate few had once again screwed it up for the rest of us with those residents. :(

I hope you removed them from your roof and posted them back to her through her letter box.