Maxview Roaming X - wifi/internet

JDUK

Featured Posts

Hi been doing and reading up a lot on wifi including updates in this group. 

I’m kinda making a bee line to Maxview Roaming X due to good gain, router being 5g/4k streaming ready and to support heavy internet usage as I work from home using Ms teams/zoom a lot. 

Wondered if anyone has fitted the Maxview dish on the slight curved narrow boat roof? Has anyone got a Maxview and is all good? 

Keen to get a review as little is said about Maxview roaming on the Narrowboat world (very popular on campervans, caravans and motor boats).

thanks 

7 minutes ago, JDUK said:

I’m kinda making a bee line to Maxview Roaming X due to good gain, router being 5g/4k streaming ready and to support heavy internet usage as I work from home using Ms teams/zoom a lot. 

Wondered if anyone has fitted the Maxview dish on the slight curved narrow boat roof? Has anyone got a Maxview and is all good? 

Keen to get a review as little is said about Maxview roaming on the Narrowboat world (very popular on campervans, caravans and motor boats).

thanks 

It's a very expensive 5G-capable antenna combine with a low-end 4G CAT6 router (both 2x2 MIMO? -- not clear...), marketed at customers who don't realise this but want an off-the-shelf solution.

There are far better solutions for less money, I'm sure some will be suggested... 😉

Edited by IanD

8 minutes ago, JDUK said:

thanks 

Its a bit of a marketing triumph. I have never met another caravanner who actually uses one. Prefering to use more cost effective solutions.

I have an old Huawei router that runs off USB using a cable to convert the 5v to 12v. My aerial is the Poynting 4g XPOL. The router came free with a Three contract a few years ago. It's currently got an O2 sim which is part of our Virgin Media package.

If I was starting g now, I'd get a 5g router, which seem to be around £250 and a Poynting 5g XPOL antenna for around £90.

I can't see what the Maxview could do better, apart from connect to ordinary WiFi, so it seems like an expensive solution to buying a router and external aerial.

Having said that, I don't see how it would be better or worse on a boat..... it does the same job on both boats and RVs.

Edited by Richard10002

15 hours ago, Feeby100 said:

I have one in my moterhome and one on my narrow boat and they are fantastic plug in sim in and away you go best signal on site and marina 

and that coming from some one that used and have got them not just reading about them 

Didn't say it won't work, just that it's very expensive for what it is -- you can pay a lot less for something similar, or get something a lot better for the same money.

But for people who just want an off-the-shelf solution that does the job, I've no doubt they're fine... 😉

• Greenie 2