Wilts and Berks Canal

SteveCourty

Featured Posts

related to the above is a planning application currently in to join the 2 swindon sections up. One is an old restored part of the canal and the other a new line to bypass Swindon. The old part of the line effectively becomes part of the North Wilts Canal. This video is the bit in the middle of the 2

This is my local section and one I’ve worked on quite a few times. We had a lot of rain recently and they’ve kept it full rather than keeping the level slightly lower like they have in the past. It’s a lovey spot and I can’t wait for boats to be on it. Thai video was a bit of an unplanned video so is a little different to my usual type

https://youtu.be/yELe223pF80

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All power to the people trying to get the canal open.  I know the area very well and when very young I used to cycle along what was left of Some of Swindon's canals to Wroughton to see a young lady.

Also, the easiest way to walk into town was down a paved-over section alongside the Railway works from the Ferndale area into the town not far from the railway station.

8 hours ago, churchward said:

All power to the people trying to get the canal open.  I know the area very well and when very young I used to cycle along what was left of Some of Swindon's canals to Wroughton to see a young lady.

Also, the easiest way to walk into town was down a paved-over section alongside the Railway works from the Ferndale area into the town not far from the railway station.

if you look at my videos I walk the route in the swindon walk videos 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...