Fuel (Diesel) - River Severn, Stourport

Movin' on

Featured Posts

Hi,

As Stourport Marina (Tingdene) no longer supplies fuel does anyone know of a fuel boat that passes that way?

I appreciate that there is Fuel at Upton and in the canal basin but I have just bought a 40ft motor boat with little or no fuel in it and it won't get to Upton and it is very big to try to negotiate the pumps at Limekiln so if I can avoid this it would be good - no rush I just need fuel sometime before April.

There is probably a market for deliveries to the River Marina area now as there are lots of boats that will have this problem for the first time this year.

Happy cruising everyone - its good to be starting to plan for a new boating season at last.

J

If it has been stood for any length of time (particularly over Winter) with little or no fuel in it you will need to check for water in the bottom of the tank as if you do not keep a full tank you get a lot of condensation in the tank which will run down and can build up to impressive amounts over time.

If you are OK, or after draining the tank, take a Jerry can and get 20 litres from the local garage - It'll probably be no more expensive than from a fuel boat or marina.

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, Goliath said:

Ain’t Stourport on Fuel boat Roach’s circuit?

Here’s the no: 07778 403657

MANY THANKS - my problem is solved "Rich" on Roach can deliver 400L to our mooring just above Holt Fleet lock in April so that sorts the problem completely.

Thanks again.

J😅

• Happy 1