Dawncraft 32

TheGuyUk

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

That might be the guy I’m on about, went under the name Wayne’s Boat Work Services, somewhere near Manchester seams to do a bit with GRP’s. Looks like his social media Facebook link is no more and searching the web no longer in business.

@TheGuyUk ain't Wayne. Different style too. 

On 12/02/2023 at 15:52, TheGuyUk said:

My Sister and her family always made more than costs etc on any boat they bought. But yes many make thousand scaring new people off from up selling their boat..

Just look how poor condition many boats are sold in ..

Tens of thousands to be made..in the right hands. 🙈🙉🙊💯

You make your profit in the buying at the right price. As others have said, doing them up costs a mint in materials and your labour gets priced at £0 per hour. 

With houses sometimes, buy at the right price, get the extension designed and BR/PP sorted from your comfy chair then sell it to someone else to build it, and take your profit without ever picking up a saw. Can't do that with boats! 

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, PD1964 said:

No, but from what I remember he dabbled in GRP’s and roughly in the same area, so may be of use for local knowledge👍

What Wayne did with the Buckingham 20 was amazing. He's got loads of skills that a lot of us don't have. If remebering correctly it took four years, a good few quid and thousands of hours to make a lovely boat. 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes it’s very often because they come onto the forum, ask “rhetorical questions” ie questions to which they already think they know the answer, or at the very least know what answers they want in order  to reinforce their opinion, and then get a sulk on when not everyone spits back the answers they want. And then their narcissistic attention-seeking gene kicks in and instead of just quietly going off and buying a tape recorder so they can be entertained hearing the sound of their own voice giving the answers they want, spend considerable effort telling everyone how unfair it all is, how everyone is wrong and they are right, stamping their feet moments before flouncing off in a dramatic exit stage left. Or at least I think that’s it because to be honest they are forgotten very shortly afterwards.

Wow, a fellow Freud reader. 

On 12/02/2023 at 22:04, TheGuyUk said:

Also this interesting video to

Now this 

Did i hear my name being ,mentiond haha

I rebuilt Leviathon aswell and my Buckingham yes chaps.

I see its all as exciting as usual here. 

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, W+T said:

Did i hear my name being ,mentiond haha

I rebuilt Leviathon aswell and my Buckingham yes chaps.

I see its all as exciting as usual here. 

Do you mean as predictable as usual here, or both! 🤣😂     🤜🤛

• Haha 1

To the OP

Now as you can see i have done my own boat. The Buckingham 20,, to rebuild that cost maybe £6k inc a few needed tools. not much though. that was for a 20 footer to a not bad standard. Infact  i sold that to a couple who still live that some 3 years ago now.  

Leviathon and Liz, well she is great but was hard work to understand at first the cost and how things work on boats so it took us some toing and froing to sort the boat out plan wise as even a 32 foot boat is small to get stuff in. It took a lot of money and time as it was a shell when i started on it. Those boats are better than a DC 32 though. well worth the extra effort and investment than a DC.

if you want a figure i can help out to give you and idea on works costs for things to be done by yourself. to get somebody in. like i did for folk you can tripple and mor etha cost to get work done.

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, W+T said:

To the OP

Now as you can see i have done my own boat. The Buckingham 20,, to rebuild that cost maybe £6k inc a few needed tools. not much though. that was for a 20 footer to a not bad standard. Infact  i sold that to a couple who still live that some 3 years ago now.  

Leviathon and Liz, well she is great but was hard work to understand at first the cost and how things work on boats so it took us some toing and froing to sort the boat out plan wise as even a 32 foot boat is small to get stuff in. It took a lot of money and time as it was a shell when i started on it. Those boats are better than a DC 32 though. well worth the extra effort and investment than a DC.

if you want a figure i can help out to give you and idea on works costs for things to be done by yourself. to get somebody in. like i did for folk you can tripple and mor etha cost to get work done.

Well said, even I can understand that and the sentiment behind it👍🏻👍🏻

9 hours ago, Smiles said:

Yet another topic degenerating into 'Handbags at Dawn' 👜 :clapping:

The boy stood on the burning deck,
Shouting to passing ducks.
“I wish I’d joined the RAF
This being a sailor sucks!”🤷🏻‍♂️

Casabianca, though not quite. :unsure:

• Happy 1

11 hours ago, PD1964 said:

That might be the guy I’m on about, went under the name Wayne’s Boat Work Services, somewhere near Manchester seams to do a bit with GRP’s. Looks like his social media Facebook link is no more and searching the web no longer in business.

Faffer on TB I believe. A very industrious fellow with a good workshop.

On 13/02/2023 at 12:15, harrybsmith said:

Do you want a Dawncraft 32 (would be a centre cockpit and pretty rare) or do you want a Highbridge 32? Highbridges are brilliant boats related to Dawncrafts but of significantly higher quality and built more recently. I happen to know of one that's coming on the market this summer with a particularly nice spec that will be good value for money... 

@TheGuyUk

image.png.6b392764af92ea67de2b2d3276638c57.png

• Greenie 1