I feel I have achieved something today

rusty69
Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Not post counts, but post numbers to make identification of a specific post possible without having to quote it. You know like we used to have umpteen upgrades ago. :)

Seconded. 

Given Team Mod seem to be casting around for improvements, for me getting post numbers back would be a far better improvement than contrived status badges. I don't care if post numbers are missing from the sequence as a result of hiding rule-busting posts. 

And on that subject, developing and publishing a moderation policy would be a Good Idea too, please.

At the moment there seem to be rules mods apply we don't know about, and other rules which mods refuse to apply when posts are reported. Not often, but annoying when this happens. 

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Mine's changed to 'Influencer'. Of all the words I hate, that's right up there. Makes me think of the narcissistic parasites of Instagram.

I'm really gonna take that onboard. Thanks, your opinion means much. 

I'm going shopping later, should I buy apples or Bananas? 

• Greenie 2

29 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Mine's changed to 'Influencer'. Of all the words I hate, that's right up there. Makes me think of the narcissistic parasites of Instagram.

Ooh.  Are you going to do a "tasteful" swimsuit photo for your avatar?

Also as the list is upside down, does that mean I am under the influencer? :cheers:

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I'm going shopping later, should I buy apples or Bananas? 

You can't really compare those - have an orange instead! 🍊

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

I think you and I should hold out for a "Wit" badge.  To save work for team mod, we could share one badge between us ...

@rusty69  and @TheBiscuits

The 50% witty.

I don't think it would be a very Rare badge though!

I think Chris already got that one. 

Right, hand it over. 

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Maybe that is a superior rating - I'd rather have a Grade 1 Banana than a Grade II Banana

(Isn't a 'grade II' a substandard, bent and twisted item or beyond its 'best before date' ?)

I've been here so long now I feel like a grade II listed building.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The only difference now is that we are (all ?) "Grade II Veterans".

Either get rid if it completely or get a meaningful system.

It also appears that the virtual pub inhabitants still top the league tables on a regular basis despite the thinly disguised attempt to discuss current affairs. Every thread I have read in there ends in a multi page fight between the Welsh cruiser and the rest of the world with points awarded for the best put down.

On 10/02/2023 at 10:32, rusty69 said:

I can't see the "insufferable twat" badge in my portfolio. I feel sure I have achieved that status by now.

Unless your a politician of the lowest to the higest rank you will never achieve that status. I found a whole load of these in the bin when I visited 10 Downing Street.

107665568_197946798306923_33497985922289

• Greenie 1