I feel I have achieved something today

rusty69
Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

• Solution

I think this relates to the new update as the forum started calculating "achievement points" since that update and has only just finished at which point these badges appear.

We will need to review this further. I will speak to Dan and the team later today and more info will be available soon.

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, RichM said:

I think this relates to the new update as the forum started calculating "achievement points" since that update and has only just finished at which point these badges appear.

We will need to review this further. I will speak to Dan and the team later today and more info will be available soon.

It does seem rather pointless to me.

31 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

How about nitpicky, pedantic old argumentative twat badge? 

That one I need. 

Is "twat" a permissible word on here now? 

There have been some mighty squabbles in the past where Team Mod have edited it out of posts.

As far as I'm concerned it is an acronym for the increasingly popular style of working from home, on Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Is "twat" a permissible word on here now? 

There have been some mighty squabbles in the past where Team Mod have edited it out of posts.

As far as I'm concerned it is an acronym for the increasingly popular style of working from home, on Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday. 

Shhhhh. I haven't seen Athy about recently.

• Horror 1

1 hour ago, Ken X said:

Quite disappointed there isn't a Hire-Boater's badge. 🙂 

I know my place.😁

Tongue in cheek I know, but In theory the names could also be changed to make them more boating orientated. Reading up on the feature a little more, I gather it's just designed to be a bit of fun while to encourage user activity. (Whether or not it does that, I do not know) It's probably worth noting that this isn't entirely a new feature though. We did have "ranks" in the past but these were more subtle and appeared as dots below a user avatar and you could hover over them to see the associated rank etc. The below screenshot is from 2015. 

ranks.png.2f16cc48e5e0fcd84c1ca6c82d48d675.png

That said, not sure if the new Invision "ranks" will stay at this point, will be one for @DHutch to decide. 

Cheers

Rich

I don't get it. Why do badges need to be overlaid on avatars to denote post counts when we could all just look at the post counts if we felt the need? Or are judged not to be capable of dealing with numbers? I know some people here are really old, some might even be ancient, but come on!

Edit

I see my badge is very grey whereas all the other badges have colour. I want my mum!

Edited by Willonaboat