C W Boatmover

Disused Account

Featured Posts

I’m sure Conner would send a copy of all his insurance information with regards to boat moving, on request. 

But, as with all insurance, it’s only worth the paper it’s written on, we all know how fickle insurance companies can be. 

Edited by Smiles

2 hours ago, Smiles said:

I’m sure Conner would send a copy of all his insurance information with regards to boat moving, on request. 

But, as with all insurance, it’s only worth the paper it’s written on, we all know how fickle insurance companies can be. 

That sounds like a justificstion for not carrying any insurance! 

I'm sure Connor has all the right insurances but were I to employ him, I'd want to find out for sure in advance who pays out if my boat were to accidentally get silled in a lock and sink, for example. And if his insurance is with one of those 'fickle' companies you mention or one no-one has ever heard of, I'd have to 'take a view' (as the legal and business bods say). 

25 minutes ago, MtB said:

I'm sure Connor has all the right insurances but were I to employ him, I'd want to find out for sure in advance who pays out if my boat were to accidentally get silled in a lock and sink, for example. And if his insurance is with one of those 'fickle' companies you mention or one no-one has ever heard of, I'd have to 'take a view' (as the legal and business bods say). 

All good due-diligence, ‘eyes on‘ the ‘fickle’. I love a little ‘much & fickle’ or even a ‘cheese & fickle’ role 

21 hours ago, MtB said:

And remember that the Insured is the boat Mover not the boat Owner. The mover is insured against claims that the owner might make against the mover. To get a payout, the owner has to make a successful claim against the mover.

37 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

And remember that the Insured is the boat Mover not the boat Owner. The mover is insured against claims that the owner might make against the mover. To get a payout, the owner has to make a successful claim against the mover.

But the owner's insurance company might make that claim on his behalf.

• 2 months later...