BMC 1.8 Accelerator issue

chris1138

Featured Posts

Hi folks , 

Complete novice here. 

Recently i purchased a 27ft cruiser with bmc 1.8 engine connected to enfield z drive . 

I've had various issues. But the current one is my cables that run from control panel. My accelerator snapped at the threaded part in morse control. 

I have replaced this however, with both cables connected it will not go into reverse. 

I believe this is due to the arm that the accelerator cable connects to on engine isn't going far enough to left, if it even does at all (I know little) 

I have added some pictures of accelerator connector in both positions along with pic of morse control. 

I can provide more pictures . Would love your help because I'm scratching my head .

Thanks so much 

Chris 

Screenshot_20230206_134226.jpg

Screenshot_20230206_134333.jpg

Screenshot_20230206_134243.jpg

Screenshot_20230206_134310.jpg

Screenshot_20230206_134258.jpg

Probably incorrect cable adjustment.

Take the cable off the injector pump lever and set the control to slow ahead/astern, then adjust the cable length, so it connects to the level on the pump with no force needed. You might have to adjust at both ends to get it right., but try at the pump end first.

36 minutes ago, chris1138 said:

Thanks Tony 

It seems it was the morse end I hadn't attached properly 

I've got it sorted I think 

Thank you

FWIW adjusting the throttle cable often catches people out who do it in neutral. I think that on your control you probably can, but on many the outer anchor in the control is spring-loaded, so those need doing in slow ahead or slow astern. It won't hurt doing yours that way as well.