Quietest water pump available?

Poppin

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Hudds Lad said:

“Blind bridge coming up love, run the tap” :D 

Its more the fact we have a lazy teen who enjoys a lie-in (when we can actually force her to the boat) and she gets proper grumpy when we do our ablutions/fill a kettle before 7am and the running pump near vibrates her off the bed ;) 

It doesnt need to be silent, just needs to stop registering on the Richter scale and causing widespread panic in Japan.

Couple of years until we can leave her longer than a weekend i reckon, a girl can only survive so many days on noodles, pasta and omelettes. 

Then Your problems will really begin. A bagging water pump pails into insignificance by comparison.😩

34 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I had a few Shurflos before I knew enough to try something else.

They mostly were not working long enough for the noise to bother me.

They don't last all that long but I've always had Shurflo pumps on my boats. 

Cheap and cheerful they get a fair bit of work being residential use so the brushes are probably pretty worn down by the time I end up replacing the pump. 

8 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Its more the fact we have a lazy teen who enjoys a lie-in (when we can actually force her to the boat) and she gets proper grumpy when we do our ablutions/fill a kettle before 7am and the running pump near vibrates her off the bed ;) 

It doesnt need to be silent, just needs to stop registering on the Richter scale and causing widespread panic in Japan.

I've been puzzling about this. My water pump is right in the bow by the water tank and I can barely hear it in the saloon, let alone in the cabin at the stern. 

Then I realised, you must have a reverse layout! Just wrong, like bungalows. 

14 minutes ago, MtB said:

I've been puzzling about this. My water pump is right in the bow by the water tank and I can barely hear it in the saloon, let alone in the cabin at the stern. 

Nowt wrong with reverse, my pump was in the bathroom.  Nowt wrong with bungalows either (apart from them not floating very well), I'm in one now (with 2 bedrooms upstairs!).😀

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Stick to boilers, Mike, detective you are not :D

From the rear (ooo-err) Engine room, bedroom, bathroom, galley (under the sink the pump is hid), dinette, saloon, water tank under the well deck. When the offspring is in the land of nod, she sleeps upon the sofa bed in the saloon as she finds it comfier and i don’t have to do the desmo dance to assemble the dinette into a bed.

So a traditional layout, and not IMHO at all like the bungaloids you mention ;) 

4 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Stick to boilers, Mike, detective you are not :D

From the rear (ooo-err) Engine room, bedroom, bathroom, galley (under the sink the pump is hid), dinette, saloon, water tank under the well deck. When the offspring is in the land of nod, she sleeps upon the sofa bed in the saloon as she finds it comfier and i don’t have to do the desmo dance to assemble the dinette into a bed.

So a traditional layout, and not IMHO at all like the bungaloids you mention ;) 

Phew! 

I was really worried there for a sec. I thought you you might not be the proper boater I have you down as! ;) 

20 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Who would have a pump under a bed? Crazy place to put it. It should never come on at night if properly fitted.

How does proper fitting of a pump determine whether a pressure switch activates at night and switches it on? There are a couple of reasons a pump can come on at night: water cooling in a calorifier reduces pressure in the system for example. That can happen if an accumulator is fitted or not.

Edited by blackrose