Licence consultation?

peterboat

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Anybody else recieved an invite to the consultation for future licensing prices?

Thought i just had a notice about Harecastle booking for the summer, but turns out i had it too, was just lurking in the spam folder where it possibly belongs.

At least @peterboat put it in the most appropriate section👍I wish others would think about the appropriate sections to start Threads, instead of just putting things if General Boating and New to Boating. That way sections may get more views and more Posters will get more information/help for their posts.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I stuck it in General Boating. Maybe the mods could merge them into whichever bit thry think most relevant?

General boating seems a reasonable place to me.

14 minutes ago, M_JG said:

General boating seems a reasonable place to me.

As its news, I thought the news section? I did look in general boating but we either posted together or I just beat him

37 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I stuck it in General Boating. Maybe the mods could merge them into whichever bit thry think most relevant?

I agree Arthur just merge them into wherever they think right

29 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

At least @peterboat put it in the most appropriate section👍I wish others would think about the appropriate sections to start Threads, instead of just putting things if General Boating and New to Boating. That way sections may get more views and more Posters will get more information/help for their posts.

I thought it was relevant to most boaters, ie general interest to general boaters, which is why I put it in General. I wish some people would stop nitpicking at every opportunity.

Mind you,  I accept Peterboats heading was more informative and if we can get the threads merged, do it with his title.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, peterboat said:

As its news, I thought the news section? I did look in general boating but we either posted together or I just beat him

TBH I think both are fine. To be clear I wasnt criticising your choice. I would be inclined to think of news as being about news items relating to boats and waterways though. But that is just an ooinion.

I come to the forum via. 'the view new content' button and rarely notice where stuff is posted anyway.

(Though when I start a new thread I do try to ensure its in a relavent section).

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I thought it was relevant to most boaters, ie general interest to general boaters, which is why I put it in General. I wish some people would stop nitpicking at every opportunity.

Mind you,  I accept Peterboats heading was more informative and if we can get the threads merged, do it with his title.

I’m not nitpicking but it’s News and Press. I wasn’t having a go, but I think as I said previously if Posts were put in more relevant sections, those sections would be viewed more and maybe posts would get more informative replies with new views. 
 There’s lots of posts in General and New to Boating, which could do better in the boat maintenance sections.

Edited by PD1964

14 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I’m not nitpicking but it’s News and Press. I wasn’t having a go, but I think as I said previously if Posts were put in more relevant sections, those sections would be viewed more and maybe posts would get more informative replies with new views. 
 There’s lots of posts in General and New to Boating, which could do better in the boat maintenance sections.

I think most people just use vnc anyway, so it doesn't matter that much. I still think this is of general interest rather than just a news item. It's not always obvious where to post stuff  just a judgement call.

There is also a problem with the timing of this consultation. I keep my boat in a marina over winter and then licence from 1st April for six months at the moment. I therefore have not had an invite to the consultation as I am not currently a licence holder.

1 hour ago, Steve Buxton said:

There is also a problem with the timing of this consultation. I keep my boat in a marina over winter and then licence from 1st April for six months at the moment. I therefore have not had an invite to the consultation as I am not currently a licence holder.

Aww poor you.

How inconsiderate of them, they should be sending it out to everyone who's ever had a licence before and everyone who might have one in future, 😉

How about only making short term licences available to boats that hold annual licences with other navigation authorities?

How about just sendng C&RT an email explaining how you stand on the various issues and suggest that you would fully support the withdrawl of all licenecs of less than 12 months duration -  which would immediately give their income a boost.

• Greenie 1

I suppose I should have expected the usual sarcastic replies to a factual statement.

If they included those people who had had a licence in the last twelve months, they would pick up those people who had decided not to renew, as well as those like me who only buy the bare minimum licence because of the cost. 

At this point I imagine I am supposed to post a photo of me with my compo face looking all glum as is normally seen in the free local newspaper sites online.

7 minutes ago, Steve Buxton said:

I suppose I should have expected the usual sarcastic replies to a factual statement.

If they included those people who had had a licence in the last twelve months, they would pick up those people who had decided not to renew, as well as those like me who only buy the bare minimum licence because of the cost. 

At this point I imagine I am supposed to post a photo of me with my compo face looking all glum as is normally seen in the free local newspaper sites online.

There’s a few on here who want to pay a £5000 license fee, let’s hope they don’t get invited for a view. 

Mind I think even CRT’d piss themselves at that suggestion. 

• Greenie 1

33 minutes ago, Goliath said:

There’s a few on here who want to pay a £5000 license fee, let’s hope they don’t get invited for a view. 

Mind I think even CRT’d piss themselves at that suggestion. 

if it keeps the canals open, then I'm all for it. 

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1