Moorings for a 70ft boat West midlands.

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

Bloke on FB looking for a non-residential mooring for a 70 footer somewhere (anywhere) in the West Midlands - Birminghan, Walsall,  Wolverhampton in the near future. Had been looking and gave up. If anyone has any suggestions as to where he could try I'll pass them on.

41 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Bloke on FB looking for a non-residential mooring for a 70 footer somewhere (anywhere) in the West Midlands - Birminghan, Walsall,  Wolverhampton in the near future. Had been looking and gave up. If anyone has any suggestions as to where he could try I'll pass them on.

Alvecote Marina? 

You don't have to live aboard to moor there...

8 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

How important is cost to him. I can't help thinking there should be a marine with such a berth available in that are and a band around it.

I don't think that's particularly important. It may be for an old working boat that needs some tlc, I'm not sure. I don't want to get over involved in it all, but said I'd pass on any ideas and I know some on here know the area, which I don't.

I'll leave it a few days and do that.

Fazeley Mill is not looking very full at the moment, I would have thought they had room. Just put their prices up though, £50 per foot per year. So they will probably be even less full soon!

1 minute ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I don't think that's particularly important. It may be for an old working boat that needs some tlc, I'm not sure. I don't want to get over involved in it all, but said I'd pass on any ideas and I know some on here know the area, which I don't.

I'll leave it a few days and do that.

If it's an old working boat, Alvecote might be a better bet. They like that sort of thing!

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Alvecote Marina? 

You don't have to live aboard to moor there...

I'll pass it on, but would have thought he'd have tried all the usual places, was wondering about farm moorings etc he might not find online. He says CRT couldn't suggest anything.

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Fazeley Mill is not looking very full at the moment, I would have thought they had room. Just put their prices up though, £50 per foot per year. So they will probably be even less full soon!

If it's an old working boat, Alvecote might be a better bet. They like that sort of thing!

And they have a reduced rate for traditional boats (or did have when I moored there).

6 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Odd, because he said he'd looked there. I'll pass this all on in a few days

Kingswood nearly always have spaces and most offered are 70', have electric hook up too and a very basic post box.

There are two spaces at Stowe Hill(I know it's not West Midlands but someone might be interested), one vacated by a 71 foot boat, and the other a 50 footer.

Most of the spaces at Buckby top have been vacated by long term moorers sick and tired of paying when people sit across from them, and even on the end of the moorings for months and in one case, years, with no visible action being taken.

I suspect I know who this is, in which case good luck to him. Have been told by more than one moorings operator that they'll have nothing to do with him based on past reputation. If so cost is definitely a consideration.

Otherwise, Longwood has quite a bit of space. There are some vacant spots at Titford Pumphouse likely to come up for auction soonish. Withymoor is full, Hawne too (unless you're a certain person with connections, it seems).

Edited by Francis Herne

30 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

I suspect I know who this is, in which case good luck to him. Have been told by more than one moorings operator that they'll have nothing to do with him based on past reputation. If so cost is definitely a consideration.

Otherwise, Longwood has quite a bit of space. There are some vacant spots at Titford Pumphouse likely to come up for auction soonish. Withymoor is full, Hawne too (unless you're a certain person with connections, it seems).

I've no idea who it is, just someone I got into a FaceAche chat with. I've passed on all the suggestions above and advised him if he wants any more suggestions to come on here and ask, which is a bit more efficient than me doing it.

So thanks to everyone who has suggested anything, I won't be passing anything else along as life's too short! I think we've helped as much as can be expected, the rest is up to him.

But I wouldn't dare suggest that the thread be closed... it can veer off into unexpected dimensions or just peter out.