Thetford C2 cassette with wheels?

Northener

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Northener said:

I want a spare cassette for my Thetford C2 toilet but all that I can find are ones with wheels on, my existing one does not have wheels. Will the one with wheels fit in my toilet? Has anybody any experience of this?

I've never tried it but I doubt it would fit.

Now that said Thetford sell the one with wheels as a 'freshen up 'kit' suggesting it may fit.

https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1940033?istCompanyId=f3473768-c338-454e-ba46-40b20dccfa45&istFeedId=0ea19da4-0d7c-4383-8f60-0f3d2d40e25e&istItemId=pwixmlpwi&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw8OeBhCeARIsAGxWtUxJM2E9do2sRWze5yTEFNHZt-XTCxrbt3gnmicM_OiQJO7b4MokrV4aAjI1EALw_wcB

Edited by M_JG
Wrong link

9 minutes ago, Fender151 said:

I purchased the Thetford C2 freshen up kit with cassette wheels for my C2 unit, it works fine, cassette wheels not great for off-roading !

A reminder that the principle market is for caravanners and motorhomes who will often be staying on parks with lovely smooth tarmac or paved routes to the Elsan rather than along a muddy uneven towpath.

That said we normally stay on small 5 outfit sites and often have similar problems. Ours is C260 with wheels which are not averse to coming off if you are 'off roading'.

1 hour ago, Fender151 said:

I purchased the Thetford C2 freshen up kit with cassette wheels for my C2 unit, it works fine, cassette wheels not great for off-roading !

Thanks for that. Can you confirm your original one did not have wheels?

2 hours ago, Northener said:

Thanks for that. Can you confirm your original one did not have wheels?

If its a refresh kit for a C2 it is a pretty dead cert. its a straight swap,  but as pointed out above with less holding capacity.

The main thing to watch with the C2 is that the replacement is correctly 'handed'. Though obviously yours wont open through an actual outside wall.

Cross post with Fender.

Screenshot_20230125-172148_Chrome.jpg

Edited by M_JG