Watford Flight frozen...

matty40s

Featured Posts

We came down Watford during the Beast from the East to escape the Leicester Line before it closed in February.  You don't normally notice that the lock chambers are tapered and wider at the top than the bottom, but when the boat goes into the full lock with a load of broken ice, you do. We jammed in every lock and had to flush the boat out.

Cold over there, isn't it? It's 10 Celsius here in the County Wicklow, but a large cloud seems to have moved into the garden.

MP.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, jake_crew said:

Seemed like quite a long flight for the drone to stay in contact with the pilot.  I wonder if you can pre programme the jumps over the wires.  If not I guess they were lucky.

The editing software allows lots of clips to be joined, almost seamlessly. Filming short clips allows vision of the drone and obstacles such as cables, sticky out branches etc. It also allows you to stay out of the video.

...and keeps you inside the CAA guidelines.

29 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

We came down Watford during the Beast from the East to escape the Leicester Line before it closed in February.  You don't normally notice that the lock chambers are tapered and wider at the top than the bottom, but when the boat goes into the full lock with a load of broken ice, you do. We jammed in every lock and had to flush the boat out.

Cold over there, isn't it? It's 10 Celsius here in the County Wicklow, but a large cloud seems to have moved into the garden.

MP.

Minus 7c last 2 nights.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, jake_crew said:

Seemed like quite a long flight for the drone to stay in contact with the pilot.  I wonder if you can pre programme the jumps over the wires.  If not I guess they were lucky.

I noticed that too. It also appeared to swerve around some thin tree branches poking out into its path. I was impressed that it detected them.

On 23/01/2023 at 10:13, matty40s said:

The editing software allows lots of clips to be joined, almost seamlessly. Filming short clips allows vision of the drone and obstacles such as cables, sticky out branches etc. It also allows you to stay out of the video.

...and keeps you inside the CAA guidelines.

😂😂😂 or to put it another way, thank heavens for FPV!