Are Boats selling

jddevel

Featured Posts

On 22/01/2023 at 12:39, MtB said:

Is there? What is it?

I believe an unreasonable rent review can be challenged at a rent tribunal but I'm not aware of any actual limits on rent rises. 

8 % is what my agent has wrongly told me. Why do I bother with an agent :(

3 minutes ago, Laurie Booth said:

1) Access to tradesmen of all types to go and fix problems with the property you don't have the time, inclination or skills to fix yourself

2) Quarterly inspections. A chance to keep in touch with the tenant and let them know someone is bothered. Its easy to slip out of the habit of doing them if you rent directly without an agent

3) Tenant-finding and vetting. If you don't use an agent, you'll have to do all your viewings yourself. Bit of a double-edged sword this one. Your agent might rent to someone you might have turned down as they just give you a bad feeling even though pass all checks. On the other hand you might find yourself liking a particular applicant and deciding to give them a chance even though they might fail a formal check or two. This rarely works out well. DAMHIK. 

4) Because you like shelling out 10% a month of the rent for the above. 

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

1) Access to tradesmen of all types to go and fix problems with the property you don't have the time, inclination or skills to fix yourself

2) Quarterly inspections. A chance to keep in touch with the tenant and let them know someone is bothered. Its easy to slip out of the habit of doing them if you rent directly without an agent

3) Tenant-finding and vetting. If you don't use an agent, you'll have to do all your viewings yourself. Bit of a double-edged sword this one. Your agent might rent to someone you might have turned down as they just give you a bad feeling even though pass all checks. On the other hand you might find yourself liking a particular applicant and deciding to give them a chance even though they might fail a formal check or two. This rarely works out well. DAMHIK. 

4) Because you like shelling out 10% a month of the rent for the above. 

I wish I was paying 10% (15%) :) £40 for a property inspection !! £75 for a light bulb to be changed. First months rent charged for finding a tenant :)

On 22/01/2023 at 00:33, Athy said:

Don't certain makes attract a premium price? Ken Bonakowski's are well thought of as far as I can gather, and this one appears o be in good order.

I had a Bonakowski which was well made but not as well made as my middle-of-the range, John White shell (aka Midnight) When I finished fitting out Midnight and taking into account delivery and cranes it cost me around £42000 nineteen years ago. Last year I increased the insurance cover to £50,000 and now I wonder if that would actually get me a replacement to same standard.

Edited by Midnight
  • Greenie 1

On 22/01/2023 at 04:58, Alan de Enfield said:

Some folks 'buy the dream' and then 'sell the reality'.

We sold our live aboard in may last year to a couple going CC ing. After doing BSC and blacking it was up for sale offers above £6000 less than they paid us. Big hit for them after just a few months ownership. Broker did them no favours with the listing as well so much he could have said to up the price like, new drive plate new engine mounts just overhauled travel pack alt. Service just done new pumps etc etc none of that listed. Felt sorry for them dream turned nightmare. 

On 22/01/2023 at 03:01, Athy said:

About 60, , in Lancashire in the 1980s and 1990s. He died in 2000.

I've seen his name cited as Bonikokowski and Bonakowsski, not sure which is correct.

From memory the nameplate on mine suggests it was 'Bonikowski' - same as on the boat index page

"Talacrae Built by Bonikowski Eng-Wigan - Length : 13.72 metres ( 45 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 999 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 504801 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Saturday 19th April 2008 )"

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

From memory the nameplate on mine suggests it was 'Bonikowski' - same as on the boat index page

"Talacrae Built by Bonikowski Eng-Wigan - Length : 13.72 metres ( 45 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 999 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 504801 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Saturday 19th April 2008 )"

45ft you need to get a refund on your license 🤣

55 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

The link gives a different boat. Only 45ft.👍

'Talacrae' is the Bonikowski boat I had.  It was 45ft and I bought it as a doer upper. Sold it to a hire company and I believe it's still around as a day boat renamed 'Portus'. The shell was pretty average and the roof just 3mm but the steel was brilliant, the survey showed it had lost hardly anything over 20 odd years and no serious pitting.

Edited by Midnight

14 minutes ago, Midnight said:

'Talacrae' is the Bonikowski boat I had.  It was 45ft and I bought it as a doer upper. Sold it to a hire company and I believe it's still around as a day boat renamed 'Portus'. The shell was pretty average and the roof just 3mm but the steel was brilliant, the survey showed it had lost hardly anything over 20 odd years and no serious pitting.

👍

15 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:
https://apolloduck.net/721748

Bargain Springer, only 95k.................................

I’d guess thats the “Mooring in secure and professional Inland private Marina at the centre of Picturesque Cambridgeshire Town, 5 minutes to the high Street” you’re paying for mostly.

It has an optimistic sales pitch using buzzwords for the uninitiated such as “bespoke” and “rebuild”

A nice big mirror so you can see from bed exactly what your guest is upto in the bathroom.

I’ve studied the pictures for a few minutes and have concluded that “Fully hand carved Bespoke wooden interior” roughly translates to “bog standard untreated matchboard with a bulkhead attacked with a jigsaw”.

And a dreamcatcher! Changed my mind, worth every penny :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

I’ve studied the pictures for a few minutes and have concluded that “Fully hand carved Bespoke wooden interior” roughly translates to “bog standard untreated matchboard with a bulkhead attacked with a jigsaw”.

And for £95k I'd have expected a few more photographs of it.

"Internal Makeover." No mention of any work to the basic fabric, the shell, engine, sterngear, plumbing, electrics or anything that matters, only the decoration.

Priced for the mooring in "St Neots,"

16 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

It will depend on the individual rental agreement. I have a rental flat where the agreement says that I can increase the rent by the amount of the RPI increase each year. So theoretically I could have put the rent up by 11 per cent this year. I chose to increase it by 5 per cent. I know someone who has another rental property they let out themselves and they forgot to include such a clause in their agreement. So they are stuck with the same rental income until their current tenant moves out. One reason to let through an agent.

Edited by John Brightley
  • Greenie 1