Moving down south (Yorkshire to London)

RichCraft

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, RichCraft said:

Hey guys, please don’t need to have this disagreement, I’ve found both your support really helpful. New here and looking for help, you’ve both been able to do that for me.

Its OK they will bicker for weeks now, If you have all the info you need just ignore them.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RichCraft said:

Are any of you in London already? 

I think there may be the odd one or two, but even more around the periphery, so that have a fair idea about what is going on. I also think that most members of this forum would never willingly oat to London because of the congestion cause by the myriads of liveaboards who claim to continuously cruise, with the pressure that puts on facilities and overnight moorings.

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, LadyG said:

OP could consider selling the boat up North and buying another nearer London, it's a very big boat if he is thinking about cruising, and marinas are bound to be more expensive, might be time to downsize!

Selling a boat up North and buying one down South would cost a lot more than a boat move, given the price differences...

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, IanD said:

Selling a boat up North and buying one down South would cost a lot more than a boat move, given the price differences...

When I bought Parglena 20 years ago the mere fact of moving it from Todmorden to Berkhamsted put over £5k on its value which "paid" for the cranes and transport with ease. I hate to think how much the "gain" would be now.