Free living on a boat

Mike Jordan

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Jordan said:

Yet another load of journalist fantasy about living for nothing on the canals! Quoted costs include  £4 per month for gas and £20 per month for heating. Keep an eye open for Sun readers arriving in force.

That would buy a tenth of a bottle of gas, (19kg bottle), and a bag and a half of coal. That amount of gas would last anything like a month, and the coal would last 4 to 5 days.

2 hours ago, Mike Jordan said:

Yet another load of journalist fantasy about living for nothing on the canals! Quoted costs include  £4 per month for gas and £20 per month for heating. Keep an eye open for Sun readers arriving in force.

Where? and I don’t mean on the canal, any links to the published article? As the Sun seams to run regular articles on young kids moving onto boats to escape the high cost of living on land, all seam to look the same and all living the dream.

Edited by PD1964

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Foxes Afloat have just posted on YouTube, they reckon it costs £14K per annum on a boat, same as in their house. I can't believe some of their costings to be honest.

Did anyone actually believe they were genuinely in for the long term? They played the game to suit themselves, can’t fault them though in doing so, set them up well to do other things in life. There’s lots of Newbie mugs out there on the canals with composting toilets because of their Vlogs and lots of Vloggers thinking they will be the next Foxes afloat.

Good luck to them and hope they’re enjoying their new lifestyle.

Edited by PD1964

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

On their TikTok they say their Marina Moorings are £400 per month and with other costs all adding to a total of £575 per month.

A9721480-6B4B-470F-8FAB-C0416331A3B3.jpeg.ab9aeedc8de848efed07aa5bbc420148.jpeg

Edited by PD1964

11 hours ago, PD1964 said:

On their TikTok they say their Marina Moorings are £400 per month and with other costs all adding to a total of £575 per month.

A9721480-6B4B-470F-8FAB-C0416331A3B3.jpeg.ab9aeedc8de848efed07aa5bbc420148.jpeg

Three spelling mistakes in a simple caption doesn't engender confidence; surely if they're publishing something for public viewing they could spare a moment to check it.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Three spelling mistakes in a simple caption doesn't engender confidence; surely if they're publishing something for public viewing they could spare a moment to check it.

You do realise that having now said that, you will be no longer able to blame any typo /spelling mistake on your dodgy Bluetooth keyboard. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

I suspect the errors are intended as it is intended to give an air of ‘Real, down-to-earth’ authentic honesty.  Hopefully  the intended audience can relate to, and more importantly will click on.  Remember that ‘clicks = money’

• Greenie 2

31 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You do realise that having now said that, you will be no longer able to blame any typo /spelling mistake on your dodgy Bluetooth keyboard. 

I take your point, though I haven't got a "Bluetooth", dodgy or otherwise.

But if I'm writing something intended for professional publication I always check it before sending it off to the publisher or company.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

I take your point, though I haven't got a "Bluetooth", dodgy or otherwise.

But if I'm writing something intended for professional publication I always check it before sending it off to the publisher or company.

I bet you read that three times before hitting 'submit reply'

• Greenie 1