Mooring increases re inflation ?

bigcol

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, bigcol said:

Hi there

regarding what’s happening in the UK re inflation this and last year

what increases percentages have you received for your 2022- 2023 contract compared to 2021-2023 ?

col

I worked out that you want increases over the 2 years 21 to 23?

10 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Blimey where’s that?

C&RT auctions for Shroppie sites.

5 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I worked out that you want increases over the 2 years 21 to 23?

C&RT auctions for Shroppie sites.

Good grief. I hope no-one tells my farmer, he hasn't put the price up in living memory. There again, there are no facilities and we can't live on.

• 2 months later...

Ours at Hartford increases by 10.1% in all contracts renewed from 1 April, so from early June in our case.

However, you may recall the court case with Tingdene and one of the floating home owners. Well, they have increased their rents by over 20% plus VAT which was previously included in the fee.

Seems to me they are determined to get rid of the floating homes one way or another.

correction of date mistake

regarding what’s happening in the UK re inflation this and last year

what increases percentages have you received for your 2022-2023

compared to previous years mooring contract 2021-2022? Should have read,  apologies

col

I know that CRT build in an annual RPI price increase into mooring operator agreements, not sure since when or whether the bigger operators can negotiate on that.  I would expect that most mooring operators would be looking at an RPI based price increase from CRT

Funny tho, I would have thought CRT was the worst group to give an indication of mooring tariff increase

they would want it to be high, wouldn’t they?. surely  it will give them a basis for their increase in moorings or license fees.

Will it not??

5 hours ago, Greg & Jax said:

We have just been informed our,s has gone up 14% for next year ,  i won't get a increase of 14% in my wage though .

The cost of all types of accommodation is rocketing. 

I can't imagine why. The UK population rising by half a million people in 2022 would obviously have nothing to do with it...

Bank of England base rate rising 40-fold since Jan last year probably nothing to do with it either! 

I guess my problem is I'm 57 x 10 ft .

My marina charges double price  for widebeam,s . I'm not double size . I don't mind paying more than a narrowboat thats only fair but to charge me the same as the 12 an 14 ft widebeams then increase it by 14% plus the vat with 3 weeks notice shows what kind of company I moore with .

On 22/01/2023 at 08:22, Bobbybass said:

Well......lots of TV and newspaper coverage saying it's cheap to live on a boat.

Why should the mooring owners not cash in on it ?

a) any ful knows newspapers just  print clickbait, accuracy is secondary to sales.

b) good tenants are hard to find, hike your prices and they will move. Empty moorings , no income.

• Greenie 1

43 minutes ago, haggis said:

If mooring berths are built to either 7 or 14 feet wide to accommodate narrow and wide boats, there is not a lot the marina can do with the 2 fet along side your boat. 

And several marinas charge by the jetty rather than by length for narrowboats. So a 50 footer pays the same as a 70 footer.

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

Funny tho, I would have thought CRT was the worst group to give an indication of mooring tariff increase

they would want it to be high, wouldn’t they?. surely  it will give them a basis for their increase in moorings or license fees.

Will it not??

As I've said elsewhere, the actual cost of mooring my boat (ignoring the CRT charge) has remained exactly the same since I moved onto the Macc twenty years ago, possibly as I have a decent landlord, not a rip-off merchant. After all, his costs haven't gone up.

CRT's fantasy figure has probably quadrupled in that time. I still, as I've always done, just regard the EOG fee as CRT's way of doubling the licence fee while pretending it hasn't (like a government lowering the basic tax rate, increasing NIC and pretending they've reduced income tax).

I must admit I'm looking like I'm n horns of dilemma, 

Stay on cut till I'm physically unable and hope I'm rescued by local authority.

Or sell up, and fritter away my cash on things like a roof over my head, then demand my entitlement! 

Edited by LadyG
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I must admit I'm looking like I'm n horns of dilemma, 

Stay on cut till I'm physically unable and hope I'm rescued by local authority.

Or sell up, and fritter away my cash on things like a roof over my head, then demand my entitlement! 

Neither seems very appealing 

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

And several marinas charge by the jetty rather than by length for narrowboats. So a 50 footer pays the same as a 70 footer.

Exactly where we stand.

Our 2 boats sit side by side between 2 pontoons.

SICKLE at 40 feet is charged exactly the same as FLAMINGO at 71' 8".

Our fees increased about 4.5% on the renewal I have just paid for.