57ft NB Dutch Barge

Silent Flight

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You been on the sherbert again Martin?

Very uncalled for post, especially as Mike wasnt even responding to anything you said.

Yes I thought Martyn was banned here for this sort of sh!tstirring.

But he has re-registered with a similar ID and got away with it. 

8 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You been on the sherbert again Martin?

Very uncalled for post, especially as Mike wasnt even responding to anything you said.

Lol.

Not me,

You?

Just now, MtB said:

Yes I thought Martyn was banned here for this sort of sh!tstirring.

But he has re-registered with a similar ID and got away with it. 

Old news Mike.

Oh and as I have told you previously I specifically changed my name so it was clear who I was.

Ps its Martin not Martyn.

But on the issue of muck stirring do you not think stating people were 'scared of their own shadow' was not an attempt at stirring up trouble?

Of course it was.

So lets not be so hypocritical perhaps?

Been up to my boat to start some planning and a quick bit of cleaning today. Got a month in the marina, hoping that’s enough to do few bits so will be happy to move in. 

Had a few pals join to help with the renovation ideas. Hoping to do the bedroom first and get that sorted, then there is always a place of sanctuary while the rest can happen.

Going to build a new bed frame and make storage underneath tomorrow, utilise some space in an old cess tank.

Will pull the old bits out and spin 90 degrees so the headboard will be in the bow and feet facing down towards the stern.

Determined to fit my super duper all singing mattress from my old house into the boat bedroom!

Loving the boat, here’s a bigger pic of the profile pic I roughly edited a transit van out of😃

6BE5EA17-4AEC-4728-9631-437B8A7D2F3F.jpeg

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Owls Den said:

Been up to my boat to start some planning and a quick bit of cleaning today. Got a month in the marina, hoping that’s enough to do few bits so will be happy to move in. 

Had a few pals join to help with the renovation ideas. Hoping to do the bedroom first and get that sorted, then there is always a place of sanctuary while the rest can happen.

Going to build a new bed frame and make storage underneath tomorrow, utilise some space in an old cess tank.

Will pull the old bits out and spin 90 degrees so the headboard will be in the bow and feet facing down towards the stern.

Determined to fit my super duper all singing mattress from my old house into the boat bedroom!

Loving the boat, here’s a bigger pic of the profile pic I roughly edited a transit van out of😃

6BE5EA17-4AEC-4728-9631-437B8A7D2F3F.jpeg

Fantastic, great picture by the way. 

Good luck with all the work. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Lady C said:

Have you thought about how you will get the super duper mattress onto your boat?

That was my thought too. I remember the fun of getting our new mattress on to Trojan. Much bending (of ourselves and of the mattress), perspiration and a bit of non-forum-approved language were involved.

2 hours ago, twbm said:

If you are intending to cruise, suggest you unplug the shore line mains ands see what works and for how long before you set off.  Can't see any reference to what batteries / inverter you've got.  

Much more important than paint in the lounge 

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, twbm said:

If you are intending to cruise, suggest you unplug the shore line mains ands see what works and for how long before you set off.  Can't see any reference to what batteries / inverter you've got.  

Very handy point thankyou. Hoping to move in tomorrow. Will camp out in the saloon until I’ve finished the cabin, and then puppy coming on Thursday.

It’s got 5 leisure battery’s and a 3kw charger/inverter.

I will unplug on Friday and test out the kit properly.

Will get the disco setup out to test properly…Records, smoke machine, light-up dance floor and glitter ball!

1 minute ago, Owls Den said:

Very handy point thankyou. Hoping to move in tomorrow. Will camp out in the saloon until I’ve finished the cabin, and then puppy coming on Thursday.

Will get the disco setup out to test properly…Records, smoke machine, light-up dance floor and glitter ball!

You don't need a smoke machine. Just open the door of the stove for 10 seconds. 

(works better if it's alight first) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Athy said:

That was my thought too. I remember the fun of getting our new mattress on to Trojan. Much bending (of ourselves and of the mattress), perspiration and a bit of non-forum-approved language were involved.

Basically this how I intend to get the mattress aboard. Plus lots of huffing, puffing and determination.

Hoping my experience from jobs like home furniture delivery and home removal will help!

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Lady C said:

Have you thought about how you will get the super duper mattress onto your boat?

Where there’s a will there’s a way!

If I really can’t get the intended one in I will get a new one.

Most the new school big brands ship them out rolled up vacuum packed. 

Post through the side hatch into the cabin, bish bash bosh!

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You don't need a smoke machine. Just open the door of the stove for 10 seconds. 

(works better if it's alight first) 

Reeeeelight my fiiiireeee 🤣

• Happy 1

14 hours ago, Owls Den said:

Reeeeelight my fiiiireeee 🤣

Possibly this forum's first ever Dan Hartman reference.

I'm sure that your previous experience of home furniture moving and such will help - it's just that houses have much bigger doors that boats, and the distance between door and far wall is often more than six and a half feet.

16 hours ago, Owls Den said:

There are others on here way more knowlegeable than me regarding these matters, but even though that sounds like a robust set up all battery systems have their limits, so with (I assume) a 230v fridge freezer and washer dryer you may have to plan a bit.  Keep in mind there are rules about when you can run your engine if not moving, many say running them without any real load is bad for them and running them in gear whilst moored is frowned upon as it can potentially damage the canal bank. 

26 minutes ago, twbm said:

Keep in mind there are rules about when you can run your engine if not moving, many say running them without any real load is bad for them and running them in gear whilst moored is frowned upon as it can potentially damage the canal bank. 

I think it's worse than 'frowned upon', it's illegal. 

Its either banned in the bylaws or in the T&Cs of your licence. Probably the former but I CBA to look it up.

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

I think it's worse than 'frowned upon', it's illegal. 

Its either banned in the bylaws or in the T&Cs of your licence. Probably the former but I CBA to look it up.

Yer but - nothing will happen if you do it, who's going to catch and prosecute you -  so -  just do as many do and just ignore the waterways laws.