Yet another body found - Manchester Ship Canal this time.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Devastation after 88-year-old's body found in canal weeks after going missing - Manchester Evening News

Devastation after 88-year-old's body found in canal weeks after going missing

Ron Roose went missing on November 27 - his body was tragically found almost six weeks later

The son of a man whose body was pulled from a canal weeks after going missing has paid tribute to him, describing him as the 'pillar of the community'.

Ronald Roose - known by his loved ones as Ron - went missing from his home on Bankside Road in East Didsbury on November 27. Police believe the 88-year-old walked out of his back garden and towards the River Mersey.

A huge search operation was launched and almost six weeks later, on January 7, his body was tragically pulled from the Manchester Ship Canal near the Warburton Toll Bridge. Greater Manchester Police confirmed that formal identification has taken place.

10 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

This will lead to more speculation from the pusher theorists 

I read that his wife of many years died shortly before he left his home for the last time. I'd guess there would be more speculation that the police wont be looking for anyone in connection with his passing.

10 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

I read that his wife of many years died shortly before he left his home for the last time. I'd guess there would be more speculation that the police wont be looking for anyone in connection with his passing.

Very sad but understandable.