New shell or Renovation?

CrabbyPatty

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

Instead of welded back panels. Maybe hardwood infills removable to allow full access to lockers when needed.

Thought of that too. Various problems including water getting behind them. The stern lockers (which are shallower as you can see) have front doors for better access, one is taller for a folding bike and also a better seat for steering from. The front lockers are intended for things like windlasses/mooring pins (or perhaps beer bottles...), they're only about a foot deep (top to bottom) anyway so the smaller top hatches aren't a problem.

In answer to Tony's question, these are seats for use when travelling, and for this they're comfortable for hours going by ones I've tried in the past. They're not comfy reclining or picnic chairs for lounging about on outside when moored, because this really needs a cruiser stern, which I didn't want for many reasons -- I'd rather sit in the dinette with the side doors open on both sides. I suppose I might be able to get one folding chair on the stern deck but it's a bit small...

Not trying to say there are no disadvantages with what I ended up with, but I did think about them as well as all the alternatives -- a list of all the pros and cons would be very long indeed... 😉