Winding - bottom of the Macc

Richardcn

Featured Posts

Hi All

Does anybody know if it's possible to wind at the boatyard near Harding's Wood junction (by the aquaduct over the T & M)? Thinking of nipping up the Macc to overnight thus avoiding an icy lock before an early Harecastle Tunnel transit. We're 62ft btw.

Thanks

Richard

Well the jury is still out for us on that option. Although we'd wind on arrival and reverse to moor up the night before I think.

In addition to this would somebody be kind enough to check online and see if there are any bookings available for Mon 16th Jan at 0900. We already have a booking and would like to bring it forward but it seems you have to cancel then rebook. I really don't want to do that and risk losing our existing 1100 booking if Mon is no longer available at this point (ie the 48hrs notice being 'working days' which is NOT stayed anywhere I could find). I did phone the firm and they couldn't do it (no access) and suggested that that Mon was (might be) fully booked! That would mean that 15 boats have booked in the last 48 hrs, unlikely! Can anybody have a quick look for us please.

Thanks

Richard

Edited by Richardcn
Additional info

Just now, Arthur Marshall said:

16th is showing red, fully booked  in both directions.

Usually if you get there early they let you through with an earlier batch, though it depends a bit on the bloke there. If it means they can go home early, though...

Many thanks for that Arthur. I think it's unlikely to be fully booked, just not available to book anymore. I checked all the bookings on our way and there were two boats booked over the whole of two weeks! Of course, people might just leave the booking until last minute but I doubt it. There weren't any boats booked on Mon IIRC so there might not be anybody there until our slot. Could be worth a punt but at this time of the year and with a frost forecast possibly not.

Thanks anyway

Richard

We'll just have to short stop at Westport Lake and then Barlaston on Tue IF the cut isn't frozen over again by then!

Richard