Lidl Oil Extractor Pump £9.99.

sans allumette

Featured Posts

As per title. It's in the middle of Lidl, and avaiable now.

I'm going to do my own oil changes on the car, and the idea of using a pump to empty the sump appeals to me. I've just bought one and it appears to be well-made. The suction hose is 6mm diameter and all the other specs and pictures are on this LINK.

Don't waste your money.

Bought one last time they had them and it ran for about 10 minutes before the motor burnt out. Got a replacement under guarantee and the same thing happened.

If you want an oil pump-out then buy a Pela (or equivalent) that are 'man enough' to do the job.

Edit to add : I think @LadyG had one (or two) of them as well - same result.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I have a Sealey vacuum extractor which is  also slow but does the job.  No electricity involved.

image.png.6626db9c8e57e8882d0da0417133bf59.png

It was at  greater expense than the Lidl pump but I have had it at least 5 years and used it several times for  engine oil changes on the boat but also  including extracting ATF and bilge water  . Seems like it has been good value and more than saved its cost compared to paying someone to do the job.

Extracting oil at full  engine temperature is considerably faster than extracting cold oil. 

The extractor tubes with the Sealey pump are more rigid  than the flexible tube  that comes with the Lidl pump. I would say successfully getting the Lidl flexible tube to the bottom of the sump could be an issue on some engines.

The bigger issue for me on car engines is  poor  access to the oil filter so partly for this reason I confess to paying for the car to be serviced. 

51 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Extracting oil at full  engine temperature is considerably faster than extracting cold oil.

I have a ball shaped version and when I used it with really hot oil the plastic body softened so now it has a big dent in the side. I agree hot, but not much more that bearable hand on the sump temperature.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Pela every time. Not cheap but a tool for life. If you watch carefully you will see F1 teams use them, oh what I would do for the tools  they use .!

Can't see the little sack barrow type jacks or wheel guns being much use to maintain a boat... 🤣😂

2 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Can't see the little sack barrow type jacks or wheel guns being much use to maintain a boat... 🤣😂

Topic Drift

Have you seen the way Indi Car pit crews treat their wheel guns?

18 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I have a ball shaped version and when I used it with really hot oil the plastic body softened so now it has a big dent in the side. I agree hot, but not much more that bearable hand on the sump temperature.

Must admit I over stated the temperature .

Best warm rather than hot as you say.