Where has the mod list gone, please?

MtB
Go to solution Solved by MtB,

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, MtB said:

Where has the mod list gone, please? I can't find a link to it anywhere!

Thanks. 

There used to be a "Staff" link at the bottom of every page IIRC, but no more.

I pointed this out weeks ago, do keep up Mike.

I cant understand why a forum would have members designated as moderators who no longer visit any longer.

Perhaps @DHutch the site owner could explain?

Though last time I criticised the running of the forum publicly I was told to PM him direct.

I did, but got no response.

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Anyone know where is it on a mobile phone? Can't seem to find it using the 'solution'.

No I don't, but if there's anything which you specifically want to know, feel free to p.m. me.

I rather think the list has been pruned fairly recently; last time I looked at it (some time ago), Fade To Scarlet (owner of the Severner 'Willow' with his wife) was on it, but he isn't now.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

No I don't, but if there's anything which you specifically want to know, feel free to p.m. me.

I rather think the list has been pruned fairly recently; last time I looked at it (some time ago), Fade To Scarlet (owner of the Severner 'Willow' with his wife) was on it, but he isn't now.

Thanks Athy. It's not really a problem - I just got curious as to who were the current team (besides your good self) after seeing the original post. :)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Athy. It's not really a problem - I just got curious as to who were the current team (besides your good self) after seeing the original post. :)

The regularly active moddies are Magpie Patrick, Buccaneer 66 and myself, with of course DHutch in overall charge. In addition, RichM knows how all the nuts and bolts work and where to kick them when they go wrong, and BENgo is active as an administrator.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Really? Well I'm burgered if I knew that.

You could be telling a Whopper of course.

No he is being perfectly truthful. 

The odd thing is you are not alone. When I published mobile versions of my websites I used a hamburger link to each site menu, but I got so many messages from people who did not realise my home page was not the only page on each site, that I dropped it in favour of a link that says "MENU"!

24 minutes ago, MtB said:

No he is being perfectly truthful. 

The odd thing is you are not alone. When I published mobile versions of my websites I used a hamburger link to each site menu, but I got so many messages from people who did not realise my home page was not the only page on each site, that I dropped it in favour of a link that says "MENU"!

"MENU" takes up a lot more space than an ellipsis and/or hamburger menu icon, the latter of which is pretty commonplace on the internet these days. If people struggle with that, then.... 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, RichM said:

"MENU" takes up a lot more space than an ellipsis, the latter of which is pretty commonplace on the internet these days. If people struggle with that, then.... 🤷‍♂️

On the other hand given I find the "MENU" generates about 100 times the response rate of a hamburger menu and the response pays for my boating, I can live with it taking up slightly more screen space.

I contacted Daniel about 4 years ago with a request to be removed as a mod.  This has yet to happen for reasons unknown to me.

IMO there are only 3 active mods on the forum, and that's not enough for a balanced approach to moderating to occur.

The other 5 moderators are either sporadically logging on (I'm one of those), or never logging on.

Daniel's forum activity is somewhat sporadic too.

4 hours ago, Dave_P said:

IMO there are only 3 active mods on the forum, and that's not enough for a balanced approach to moderating to occur.

A couple more would be good; but I'd say that we work in a balanced and harmonious way as a team. 

P.S. I had a look at the list of moddies to see if I could delete you from it, but I couldn't find a way of doing so (which doesn't, of course, mean that there isn't a way). Perhaps you might remind Daniel?

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Athy said:

A couple more would be good; but I'd say that we work in a balanced and harmonious way as a team. 

P.S. I had a look at the list of moddies to see if I could delete you from it, but I couldn't find a way of doing so (which doesn't, of course, mean that there isn't a way). Perhaps you might remind Daniel?

I doubt you will have the required permissions.

When I moderated on a forum I could delete/ban a member but not change somebody designated as a moderator to a 'normal' member or vice versa. That will likely need somebody designated as an 'Administrator' or indeed the site owner himself.

32 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I doubt you will have the required permissions.

When I moderated on a forum I could delete/ban a member but not change somebody designated as a moderator to a 'normal' member or vice versa. That will likely need somebody designated as an 'Administrator' or indeed the site owner himself.

You're probably right, but I thought there was no harm in trying.