Thames trip this year

Featured Posts

Indeed the cows there are quite active. About 20 yars ago or perhaps a bit more like 30 a friend of mine moored up at Lechlade below the bridge and put his generator (a Johnson Chorehorse charging set) out on the bank. He left it running and popped to the Londis. On his return the genny was gone. No sign of it. 

Unlikely place for thieves. It turned out that it was in the River beside the boat. Presumably pushed in by the cows. 

Above Oxford the Thames is either incredibly wonderful and relaxing or catastrophically boring. I don't think there is a middle way. I personally think it is incredibly wonderful and relaxing.

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, magnetman said:

LOn his return the genny was gone. No sign of it. 

Unlikely place for thieves. It turned out that it was in the River beside the boat. Presumably pushed in by the cows. 

More likely to be pushed in by kids I'd have thought. Cows don't tend to push things into the river and would naturally stay away from a running generator.

4 minutes ago, blackrose said:

More likely to be pushed in by kids I'd have thought. Cows don't tend to push things into the river and would naturally stay away from a running generator.

Have you seen the cows at Lechlade? They are not normal. 

15 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Or other boaters if they saw him start the noisy open genny and then go out ...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

This was 25 yars ago. There were no other boaters there. 

Last time I was up there which was 2021 the mooring was packed with widebeans. This is a modern thing. Back in the day things were a lot quieter as the aim was to be out boating rather than being moored up all the time.