Venetian Marina

robtheplod

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

Why?

Because they can and its part of Wilton group, odd bods.

I would not moor there. The trains are a pain, the level bounces up and down with the lock and there is no security, any boat can sail in and the car park is never locked.

58 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I would not moor there. The trains are a pain, the level bounces up and down with the lock and there is no security, any boat can sail in and the car park is never locked.

We took a mooring there for a few weeks this summer as we wanted to get further north than was otherwise achievable and there was a gap where we couldn't visit to move fortnightly. It was fine, and we would use it in similar circumstances again, but it definitely isn't somewhere I would want to stay on board - we did for one night and the trains were very noticeable, to the point where when we returned we planned to get down to Barbridge rather than set off in the morning. The biggest issue though was the silt. We couldn't get fully down the pontoon in the first place and having left it for 3 weeks it was so solidly stuck that we couldn't move it. After about an hour of rocking, someone passing by came and added some extra weight to the side and we could finally shift it. It took so long to get out in the end that we didn't make it to Barbridge and missed the pub!

I see the OP has signed up to Tattenhall. I have heard some vague negative comment but nothing concrete, and I know someone who moors there quite happily. If not, I know several people who moor at Overwater and like it.

Alec

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

We were told its to make a difference between leisure and liveaboards, who pay more. The 'leccy is included in the leisure mooring fees so assume they also want to keep these down!

interestingly they also said they offer a winterising service for only £250.... :)

Edited by robtheplod

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

We were told its to make a difference between leisure and liveaboards, who pay more. The 'leccy is included in the leisure mooring fees so assume they also want to keep these down!

interestingly they also said they offer a winterising service for only £250.... :)

£250 for winterising 😱need to change my job 

I moored at Venetian for some years. The trains didn't bother me, the cafe was fine, the chandlery was great, the office staff were very helpful and friendly, the showers/toilets were clean and well maintained, the washing machine and dryer facilities were great, the car park was open by the cafe, but the moorers car park had a security gate. They had a resident engineer and dry dock facilities. I never had a problem with silt, all in all I found it a good place to moor.

8 minutes ago, manxmike said:

I moored at Venetian for some years. The trains didn't bother me, the cafe was fine, the chandlery was great, the office staff were very helpful and friendly, the showers/toilets were clean and well maintained, the washing machine and dryer facilities were great, the car park was open by the cafe, but the moorers car park had a security gate. They had a resident engineer and dry dock facilities. I never had a problem with silt, all in all I found it a good place to moor.

thanks for the feedback.  

As an aside here Venetian mentioned their washing machine was £5 per load, is that usual these days?

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

thanks for the feedback.  

As an aside here Venetian mentioned their washing machine was £5 per load, is that usual these days?

On the rare occasion we stop on a full service touring park that is around what we pay. Often includes a dose of washing liquid and conditioner.

• 4 months later...

We are on CRT waterside moorings just down from Venetian. When my wife had a serious accident falling down the mooring steps Venetian Marina were brilliant as that was the nearest place with levet access. We moored there a while & I would recommend it. Have you looked at Overwater which is just by Audleum, Its a beautiful marina, great facilities & surprisingly quiet considering the amount of boats there. I've visited many marinas over the years & if I were to choose one to stay in it would be Overwater, but if you need to catch the train for work daily Venetian is quicker to the same (Nantwich) station.

• Greenie 2

22 hours ago, Claire Forrester said:

HI there, I'm considering a mooring in this area. I'm curious, did you go for venetian marina in the end and how have you found it? 

No, we decided on Tattenhall in the end.... so far really pleased with our choice!  Cafe does great breakfasts and its nice having a pub onsite!

14 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I've heard good things about Aquaduct Marina on the Middlewich link, too.

Lot's of boaters  up here have left Aquaduct because of the cost. It's a lovely marina but pricey.

2 hours ago, robtheplod said:

No, we decided on Tattenhall in the end.... so far really pleased with our choice!  Cafe does great breakfasts and its nice having a pub onsite!

Do all the gulls still line up on the bridge over the entrance? Used to be like a scene from The Birds as you went by :D 

• Horror 1

2 hours ago, Clodi said:

Lot's of boaters  up here have left Aquaduct because of the cost. It's a lovely marina but pricey.

Aye, Robin likes his pound of flesh including adding 15% on to all contactors on site bills!  At least he did when I was there.