Testing summet, please ignore....

Go to solution Solved by David Mack,

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Second one works if you just post the image url without any tags.

IMG-0817.jpg

Cheers yes.

This used to work with a straight copy of the 'Hotlink for forums' from Postimage.com but no longer seems to.

Edited by M_JG

Cheers.

I was trying to find a way to defeat the image size limit and not upload an image which I understand eats into the forum storage allowance.

But rather embed a link which doesn't?

spacer.png

Edited by M_JG

21 minutes ago, M_JG said:

But rather embed a link which doesn't?

The problem with embedded image links is that they only work for as long as the original image url is valid. If the original image is deleted, or its url changed, then forum members will only see a placeholder. Not a problem for things of transient interest, but a shame if it's something people in future will want to see in the forum archives.

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

The problem with embedded image links is that they only work for as long as the original image url is valid. If the original image is deleted, or its url changed, then forum members will only see a placeholder. Not a problem for things of transient interest, but a shame if it's something people in future will want to see in the forum archives.

True.

Some of my old photobucket pictures vanished on here a while ago as my account has been deleted after not using it for years.

Edited by M_JG