Definitive paperwork required to purchase a Widebeam for safety compliance

NF71

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Have you actually looked at the RCR ?

It may surprise you what you find, and, it may also have the benefit of making your posts factually correct instead of being plain 'wrong'.

Nope. 

Anyway just asserting someone is wrong whilst post no supporting evidence is not normally your style. Generally we get reams of mostly irrelevant gobbets of copy and paste with no further explanation. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

Nope. 

Anyway just asserting someone is wrong whilst post no supporting evidence is not normally your style. Generally we get reams of mostly irrelevant gobbets of copy and paste with no further explanation. 

Why should I argue let alone discuss anything with you when you just invent any irrelevant rubbish and expect me to argue against you.

The problem is you post in such a convincing manner that your 'make believe'  could be taken by people with as little knowledge as you as being factually correct.

Section 4(g)

Screenshot (1788).png

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Whilst interesting your link is looking at the generic relationships between agents and distributors - I can see no mention of boating, the RCD or Brokers.

As a matter of interest, given that an estate agent does a similar job to a broker, except houses are the subject, rather than boats  is an estate agent a distributor of houses?

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If that is the only reason, then all a broker needs to do is to say "we have no knowledge of the RCD staus of this boat"

From what you have said above, they would have refused to help sell the boat if that statement were true.

• Greenie 1

Selling a > 5 year old boat in the UK that was built for own use in the UK without CE mark is not a breach of the RCR even if it doesn’t meet the essential requirements as it is exempt. (RCR Clause 4g)

Don’t forget though we also have common law in the UK i.e. Tort which means you can claim damages against anyone who is “negligent” without reference to any regulations. 

Edited by PaulD

On 31/12/2022 at 20:11, Paul C said:

So you're agreeing with me that, so long as its >5 years old, it IS legal to sell a boat without RCD or RCR?

Little bit disappointed that you've not got back to confirm this is the case, at least for boats which enjoy Clause 4g exemption (ie sailaways which were DIY-fitted but are now >5yrs old). The whole discussion on whether a broker is a distributor or an agent is irrelevant, because there is nothing against the RCD/RCR regulations.

• Greenie 1