Boat dwellers to be able to claim the £400 energy allowance.

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Claim Portal now open for all areas

It looks like if you try to claim and don’t pay council tax you might well be doing so soon!! Also can’t claim if you are CC

Those not on a full residential marina mooring might like to weigh up the pros and cons….which is what I’m doing. 

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Do you mean, Have you got a link for that please? 

Ammended that,, I tried the Gov.Uk website and failed, but nbfiresprite has found it. Ty.

I still don't qualify, as I thought.

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Ammended that,, I used the Gov.Uk website but they don't have a category for boaters who cc.

The NBTA sought a clarification on the eligibility for the claim; and it was a success! They received a definitive response. If you go through the form, you will eventually reach this:

image.png.179d4c47bcbb18f70590b428b1c4afae.png

19 minutes ago, magnetman said:

That is interesting. Presumably this means people who live on moorings without pp are not eligible. 

They never were - as far as 'boaters' are concerned it only allows for 'House boats or boats on residential moorings' basically, it look as if unless you pay council tax you don't get it.

Many pages ago it was suggested that if you tried to claim you may end up being registerd for CT - is it worth the risk of getting £400 and it costing you £1000 a year ?

i pay £1000 a year council tax for my little boat already. Maybe I ought to get the beer money. Don't need it for heating as boat is so small it don't cost much to keep it warm. 

Interesting that cc boats have been added. I wonder if there is a filter of some sort related to where the post goes. Double claim territory here. This will all have been said already on the thread. cba to read it. 

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

The NBTA sought a clarification on the eligibility for the claim; and it was a success! They received a definitive response. If you go through the form, you will eventually reach this:

Thanks for sharing that 

I’d kind of given up on it all

I’ll have a look later 👍

So despite the Baton Twirlers claim of success, neither boats with a non-residential mooring, or CCers can get the grant :

You cannot apply for a payment from the Energy Bills Support Scheme

Find other support

You may be eligible for:

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So despite the Baton Twirlers claim of success, neither boats with a non-residential mooring, or CCers can get the grant :

You cannot apply for a payment from the Energy Bills Support Scheme

Find other support

You may be eligible for:

As predicted by the "anti-NBTA-posters" many pages ago...

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They never were - as far as 'boaters' are concerned it only allows for 'House boats or boats on residential moorings' basically, it look as if unless you pay council tax you don't get it.

Many pages ago it was suggested that if you tried to claim you may end up being registerd for CT - is it worth the risk of getting £400 and it costing you £1000 a year ?

Or even asked to leave marina as it probably won’t have planning permission for a lot of residential moorings 

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

Yes,

and then you get the page Alan has shown,

so still no joy, unless I’m missing something