Canal boat is lovingly refurbished and turned into a London Underground Tube...

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Well it is different !

Canal boat is refurbished and turned into a London Underground Tube | Daily Mail Online

and now it could be yours for £20,000

65681569-11548955-image-m-32_1671278836061.jpg

The eye-catching vessel - named 'Wiggles' - was built in 2006 and has everything you could need for a ready made home and has a 'mind the gap' sign on the outside

The eye-catching vessel - named 'Wiggles' - was built in 2006 and has everything you could need for a ready made home.

It also includes a range of Underground-themed accessories including tube map bedding, cushions, pillows and 'Mind the Gap' signs on its outside and inside.

The boat, which was designed by owner Darren Brown and took six months to refurbish, is fully fitted for living on - and he says it's 'definitely more chilled out than riding on the tube'.

Mr Brown, from Uxbridge, London, has put the 20ft boat up for sale on Facebook Marketplace as he’s looking for a bigger one.

Mr Brown, 39, said: ‘My wife thought that painting it like an underground train would only appeal to railway enthusiasts, but she's popular with all sorts.

‘She has a real energy to her, lots of towpath users stop and ask to take pictures with her.

‘It's a different energy, definitely a bit more chilled out than riding on the tube.

‘She's called Wiggles because she has excess weight above the water line which makes her move around.

‘I’ve managed to decrease the wiggle with my upgrades, but haven't stopped it completely.

‘The shape of the boat was the inspiration for the whole underground theme.

‘We also call her Mind the Gap now because of the obvious similarities between stepping onto a tube train and stepping onto a canal boat from the bank.

‘I’ve had interest from people who want to live on her and people with business ideas as well.’

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

My wife thought that painting it like an underground train would only appeal to railway enthusiasts, but she's popular with all sorts

I bet she is, i bet she is, know what i mean. A nod’s as good as a wink to a blind badger, squire. :D 

(yes i know the ‘she’ is the boat, but couldn’t resist a bit of Python)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, frangar said:

Could you make a boat more suited for the daydreaming hipsters on instagram....sure to sell well in London to some idiot!

I recall seeing one on eBay basically made to look like a floating VW camper, it started at a very optimistic price and was reduced a few times i think, unsure if it ever sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 10:00, Alan de Enfield said:

Well it is different !

Canal boat is refurbished and turned into a London Underground Tube | Daily Mail Online

and now it could be yours for £20,000

65681569-11548955-image-m-32_1671278836061.jpg

The eye-catching vessel - named 'Wiggles' - was built in 2006 and has everything you could need for a ready made home and has a 'mind the gap' sign on the outside

The eye-catching vessel - named 'Wiggles' - was built in 2006 and has everything you could need for a ready made home.

It also includes a range of Underground-themed accessories including tube map bedding, cushions, pillows and 'Mind the Gap' signs on its outside and inside.

The boat, which was designed by owner Darren Brown and took six months to refurbish, is fully fitted for living on - and he says it's 'definitely more chilled out than riding on the tube'.

Mr Brown, from Uxbridge, London, has put the 20ft boat up for sale on Facebook Marketplace as he’s looking for a bigger one.

Mr Brown, 39, said: ‘My wife thought that painting it like an underground train would only appeal to railway enthusiasts, but she's popular with all sorts.

‘She has a real energy to her, lots of towpath users stop and ask to take pictures with her.

‘It's a different energy, definitely a bit more chilled out than riding on the tube.

‘She's called Wiggles because she has excess weight above the water line which makes her move around.

‘I’ve managed to decrease the wiggle with my upgrades, but haven't stopped it completely.

‘The shape of the boat was the inspiration for the whole underground theme.

‘We also call her Mind the Gap now because of the obvious similarities between stepping onto a tube train and stepping onto a canal boat from the bank.

‘I’ve had interest from people who want to live on her and people with business ideas as well.’

Now down to £15K. 

On 01/01/2023 at 23:13, big d said:

My boats bathroom is based on an underground train. Don’t think I’d want the exterior look but all the grab handles make it easy to use in the strongest wind. 

B604ECDB-2632-41C4-894A-9D63A06538FA.jpeg

F9450913-A6D3-4A57-850C-A09662ADF563.jpeg

712A7E61-410E-4E8A-B125-80BC0CA8D0AF.jpeg

Got to ask, is that the proper material like they use on the seats, or just a look-a-like?

And if it’s proper, does it authentically emit a pigpen-like mushroom cloud of previous occupants skin cells when whacked hard? :D 

• 5 months later...